B&Ws XT SERIES FOR HT

D

Deleted member 2457

I know quite abit about them:

1. They are very good speaker package

2. Careful partnering with an amp in my opinion is required

3. They can go very loud

Anything else you need to know just ask.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply

is rotel good partnering for these speaker.

D

Deleted member 2457

Sorry i am afraid that's one brand i have never come across.

I have heard them with a yamaha amp and a pioneer amp and in my opnion the speaker package can sound a bit harsh with the pioneer.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I fully agree with Gel!

I didn't find Pioneer a good match either, while Yamaha worked beautifully. Be aware, that the speakers are heavy to drive and therefore require some serious power to get the best results. I personally opted for the DSP-Z7, but also a V3900 or V2065 could do. Don't go any smaller than this.

With regard to Rotel I haven't tested this combination either, but supposedly they should go well together. If you ask B&W for advice I believe they will actually recommend Rotel.

But as always there are exceptions. In one of the latest super tests, WhatHifi tried a B&W/Rotel combination that didn't work so well.

You really need to test this yourself, as personal taste is very individual.

Also consider Denon 4310 and Sony DA5400ES.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I usually tend to find B&W and Rotel work quite well together. It's not without it's flaws, but then, not much is. I would look at a couple of alternative speaker packages too and compare them, as I'm not too keen on the XT series myself - it's not their strongest range of speakers.

A

Anonymous

Anyone has an idea how B&W XT2 bookshelf speakers will sound when used along with Sonos ZP120?? I already own an S5, and thinking of expanding the system further.

A

Anonymous

118:like to get some opinions on this range. I find with Arcam, they are a match made in heaven!! When I first auditioned them, I listened with Denon, Marantz and Arcam. For me, they just seemed to work better with the Arcam in both 5.1 and even more so in 2 channel. I got them about 4/5 years ago with the AVR350, have since upgraded to the AVR600 and I have no plans or need to change the speakers. They love high volumes, have great wieght for cinema and are very musical in 2 channel. As you may have guessed, I love this speaker package!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS