B&W Wedge - used one

• Thread starter Deleted member 196519
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 196519

Can you connect it to your TV? Cheers

This speaker is incredible the sound it makes is awesome! It’s way better than the Kef LS50 Wireless speakers. Better than Sonos Soundbar too by some way.

WHF review:

It smashes the competition by some way - it sure does I bought a used one today out of John Lewis.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 196519

I think I need this?

No, I don’t. I have managed to connect it to my TV via Bluetooth. :cool:

D

Deleted member 196519

Don't need to think. None of what you're purchasing recently are really needed.
I am thinking if this Audio device works like I think it will with the TV I won’t need my home cinema system anymore! On Spotify it sounds just as good as my home cinema system through the Arcam r-Blink, will have to see how it sounds through the Audio device but based on my experience with the KEF LS50 Wireless I think I am onto a winner here.

So no more wired speakers or amps! :)

buzz_lightclick

I am thinking if this Audio device works like I think it will with the TV I won’t need my home cinema system anymore! On Spotify it sounds just as good as my home cinema system through the Arcam r-Blink, will have to see how it sounds through the Audio device but based on my experience with the KEF LS50 Wireless I think I am onto a winner here.

So no more wired speakers or amps! :)
Have you tried the Kef LS50 Wireless II’s?

D

Deleted member 196519

Doesn't really replace a dedicated 5.1 system which does HD audio.
I have been comparing and it’s very close! I listened to my Slash Made in Stoke live on Spotify and been comparing to my Blu-ray of it in Master Audio. I will know more when I play it from the B&W Formation Audio through my Blu-ray player. The Kef LS50 weren’t too far off these are much better.

D

Deleted member 196519

Not sure what you mean by close, you don't get surround sound with it.
It has 5 drivers and the sound is separated wonderfully. The leading voice is awesome working with all the other instruments. It’s a bit like a sound bar creating that illusion of surround sound. Not that you get surround sound just that you don’t really need it or miss it.

D

Deleted member 196519

I have manage to connect the Wedge to my TV via Bluetooth so I do not need to Audio device anymore. It sounds brilliant too - jackpot! I think it sounds just as my system on DTS Master Audio. In fact at the moment I prefer it. :)

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

Tinman1952

Don't need to think. None of what you're purchasing recently are really needed.

A little harsh…….😂

I have manage to connect the Wedge to my TV via Bluetooth so I do not need to Audio device anymore. It sounds brilliant too - jackpot! I think it sounds just as my system on DTS Master Audio. In fact at the moment I prefer it. :)

And which Bluetooth protocol would that be using …… ?
Cannot really believe it will sound as good as DTS HD Master Audio…. 🤔

D

Deleted member 196519

A little harsh…….😂

And which Bluetooth protocol would that be using …… ?
Cannot really believe it will sound as good as DTS HD Master Audio…. 🤔
Here’s the info sheet:

It says about 4 things under Bluetooth:

BTW - BB is looking out for me and being a great mate. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts