admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Gidday,

How do these guys go against eachother? which one will go best driven by rotel.

I found the 683 a bit bright, will the RX8 be worse or better??

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
The Rx8 maybe has too much bass. I find the B&W 684 better than the 683, but a little dull. MA RX too bright and hard. Typically MA.

I'm in doubt; maybe the B&W 684 will sound better with cambridge (is bright) than with Marantz 8003?

A

Anonymous

IMO RX8's are not bright at all, i listened to the RX8's but suprisingly prefered the RX6's, maybe these would suit you better?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Shooter69,

I agree but unfortunately I dont have access to those brands. Ive done a lot of reading and it seems the RX8 would be in the same league as 683 or CM7 depending on opinion. If I can get a bit of debate going based on how I have found B&W on my electronics it might open up more options on the brands which I can get hold of. (not forgetting the restrictions of ordering online)

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Thanks peterpan,

I tried the 684 and CM7 and preferred the 683 by far. Im not into excessive bass by any means but if the track has a lot bass I think it should come through in the speaker then the normal tracks will sound just right. I thought the 683's did this well but the top end was a little pushy when playing metal (I put a couple of Tool tracks on) through the rotel.

I dont wish to sell the amp as the budget doesnt allow a new one. I do need a CD player though and this is possibly a chance to tone it down a little??

Are your thoughts on MA in general or dependant on the electronics driving them?

Thanks for the help

A

Anonymous

Gidday Joelsim,

Access to different brands is difficult up here, I like the 683's best out of anything I've heard (Boston Acoustics, Martin logan, Richter, Definitive technology, CV, energy) but am just a little cautious about the top end when playing metal.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hey thestig08,

What were you running the RX8's with? From what I gather the RX6 compares well with the 684 and the RX8 with the CM7 which is why I am leaning towards the RX8.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

when i first heard the RX8's & RX6'S it was with an Arcam FMJ A38 Integrated Amplifier, but to be honest i prefered the RX6's with a good musical sub like REL. I had the monitor audios running on my rega gear for about 6 months and they did sound amazing, then i decided to get standmounts which is why im now running pmc's DB1i's which are unbelievable speakers.

I did have some B&W 603 S3's a few years back but placement was a nightmare with them, they need good open spaces to get the best out of them which unfortunatly i don't have.

One downside to the bowers and wilkins are there metal dome tweeters, if you have kids then they act as magnets to the little blighters and they will at some point push them in LOL, i had a full 5.1 B&W set up and within a few minutes on her own my daughter managed to destroy all 5 including the cones, at least the monitor audios have a protective grill over there ones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts