admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a couple of MT1 satalites that I was putting together wirh a 608 sub powered off th esony STR-DH800. Buget stuff really but future expansion of speakers possible. Due to the current long delay in delivery on the 608, I have been offered a virtually new ex demo 610 as an alternative for the same price. Looks like a good deal but going off the recent review in What HI Fi they were particularly impressed with how well the 608 integrated. I have not heard either!

Will the 610 sub integrate with the satelites as well as the 608 or should i wait?

A

Anonymous

The 610's are a step up on the 608's in my opinion and certainly worth the upgrade!

Oldenbroke

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
I bought a 610 on saturday to replace a KEF sub in the original 'Egg' surround

set up. All I can say is Wow! what a difference. I can't imagine there would be a problem integrating

with a B&W satellite system - go for it.

CL

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
Just to confirm what's already been said.

I have M1 satellites with the 610 sub as opposed to the 608. The 610 was recommended over the 608 by the dealer at the time (even though the 608 was part of the normal package) and haven't looked back. It is step up from the 608.

Definitely recommend getting the 610. If you can stretch further to the 610XP that'd be better still!

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I use the B&W 685 Theatre but I specified the ASW610 and it is used with my Onkyo 905. With movies its outstanding eg Transfomers and Quantum of Solace. You will not regret buying the subwoofer as its a class act.

A

Anonymous

Ive had the pleasure of hearing both when i was buying my 685 pack and i was sold on the asw610 which is def worth the extra for! If you can get it at the same price and have a nice warrenty on it go for it!

A

Anonymous

I run twin B&W ASW610's with my 685 speakers and they work a treat! A double whammy of sorts!

A

Anonymous

It is a fairly large room and they are astounding, to say the least!!
emotion-21.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If anyone is looking at buying a B&W sub, there is very little stock around at the moment, and the next batches will be end of February or during March depending on model and colour.

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Neil Richards:

Due to the current long delay in delivery on the 608, I have been offered a virtually new ex demo 610 as an alternative for the same price.

There's no such thing as a 'virtually new ex demo' when it comes to electronics.You never know what it's been through.

The 610 is a superb sub , IMO you should place an order for a brand new unit and wait. It's that good.

A

Anonymous

I run 610's and think they're excellent.

They blend in perfectly with other speakers and sound brilliant with movies and music, (although I do like to turn them off for CD playback. The 684's can handle CD's without the subs).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts