B&W PM1 Vs PMC 22 Vs Spendor SP3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi bigmoose, read your last post back where you describe how you feel about the Tannoys and B&Ws and I think it will become apparent which you prefer, it's clear to me.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works but why are you not considering floorstanders?

bigmoose

May 9, 2009
Visit site
The Tannoy DC8s were new, as the dealer ordered a pair just for my demo.

The B&W PM1s had a good 100 hours run in.

Thinking of it, I may slightly prefer the Tannoy DC8s. Even though they don't sound as natural, and they are not as dynamic, and guitars or pianos don't have the same impact, the eerie silky sound has an irresistible charm. It is just so different from my initial wish list, as I was more looking for a speaker that would sound dynamic and "true".

Funny thing is, the B&W dealer had a listen at the Tannoys when he came to pick up his speakers. Even though he argued the B&W PM1s sounded more real, he "understood" the charm the Tannoys could have.

Floorstanding are not really an option due to... Esthetics! :oops:

I like discreet speakers and they need to have a certain WAF factor (Or else I would have gone for the Spendors SP2/3 which are the best sounding speakers I have auditionned and have the right size.)

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Give the Tannoy's 100hrs too, the area's where they don't quite match the B&W's might improve after break in. I always find new speakers dynamically restrained and closed in.

TRENDING THREADS