B&W P5 headphones

A

Anonymous

me 2 hopefully have some money after xmas and can you buy spare cables for them if one breaks

A

Anonymous

i was hoping that would be the case I've read about it but no one has said you can it would alo be the end of the problem that if your cable broke then so did your headphones which would be great for me as that happened quite often with other pairs

idc

It would appear that the headphones come with two cables, one for an ipod with a volume control and one 'gold' cable for 'serious' listening. The leather pads come off to swap the cables over. As I said, that is ripe for aftermarket cables to appear. So there will be no shortage of spares, but at what cost I wonder?

A

Anonymous

i would gues about at least 10% of the cost of the headphones but probably more than that

idc

I am sure you right with the probably more. Bespoke headphone cables start at £100 as far as I can find. I was thinking that B&W replacements would be £50 or so.

A

Anonymous

i think your guess is more than likely spot on but its still better than buying a new set of headphones

John Duncan

Message for Shaun - bring an extra pair
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

well its very cheap atm just a dm37 and walkman x series probs get a fio headphone amp and atleast have a listen at a local dealer to see if it warrants the price tag

idc

Good idea yan. I have the FiiO E5 and it is excellent. I could take my ipod, the amp and existing headphones for a great comparison and audition. I may as well buy from a main dealer as I dont see the interent price being any lower for such a product.

A

Anonymous

usually with products from B&W llike the Zeppelin prices seem to be fixed no matter were you look and so i think that is a good idea how would you describe the sound from the fiio

A

Anonymous

usually with products from B&W llike the Zeppelin prices seem to be fixed no matter were you look and so i think that is a good idea how would you describe the sound from the fiio does it vastly change the sound from the ipod or just boost the output to make it easier to drive more difficult headphones

idc

The FiiO E5 can do both. It does make harder to drive headphones more listenable from an ipod and with bass boost on it does add an extra kick to the sound. Other than that the overall sound is not noticeably different to straight from the ipod. If you do go for a FiiO have a read of this http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/318302.aspx and get a LOD as well as that really does improve the sound.

Have you found anything that tells the various stats, impedence, ohms etc for the P5? I can't, but I am assuming they are an easy load to drive as they have designed with the ipod in mind.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that no i can't seem to find any also i don't know if you can get a LOD for the walkman I'll have a look and then see if anyone here knows were to find one

idc

Ah sorry yan121 my mistake, the LOD is specifically for the ipod. The E5 will work from the headphone output of your Walkman with the supplied cable and your cans them plug into the E5.

A

Anonymous

its ok and thanks for your advice on the e5 i'll probably get one soon

idc

No one else want to join in? IMHO this will be the biggest product in headphones in 2010. A well respected speaker maker comes out with a product that looks different, has an unusual approach with its metal back design and specific cables for specific uses. That is a lot for an existing headphone maker, let alone a new one.

A

Anonymous

that's very true i have to say when i looked for headphones the i couldn't find any other ones that looked anywhere near as good as them they look so luxurious in comparison to tacky looking skullcandy and the likes maybe the denon d700 looks nearly as good but they're very expensive and much less inovative

A

Anonymous

ye it would have been better if it had actually been kevlar as well

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts