B&W P4 speakers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hello Has anyone got opinions on the above speakers? I'm currently watching a pair on Ebay and very tempted to purchase these to go along with my Arcam 9 & 9P amps and to replace my B&W 602 S2's. I listen mainly to bassy music (Underworld/Fischerspooner/Layo & Buschwacker/Leftfield/Daft Punk/Air/Bob Sinclair but i also listen to Pink Floyd, System of a Down, Iron Maiden, Metallica etc...) Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Dr Oetker"]How would you expect B&W P4's to work with Marantz PM6002, CD6002?[/quote]

OK, but they'd be better with the bigger amp combo the OP was asking about.

Dr Oetker

Apr 18, 2008
Visit site
I bought these speakers ages ago and have always been unsatisfied with the sound (have to turn bass right down and treble right up on amp), do you think that I should change my amp which I may be able to take back and swap as only recently purchased or just get some speakers that work better with my amp & cd player? If a change of amp is recommended what would you recommend for approx £350-£400? If you suggest speakers what do you recommend in the approx £200 bracket (I thought Maudant Short 902i's or B&W 686or Monito Audio BR2).

I am more concerned about clarity and detail than bass performance and my room is 4.5x3.6m.

Sorry to be annoying!

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I'd not heard of this B&W model so looked them up. They were originally £600 in 1995 so not budget fare at all.

Good-looking solid 'speakers with great spirit and tenacity but with a dry treble. Not fans of classical music.

According to HFW mag.

Dr Oetker

Apr 18, 2008
Visit site
Re: B&W P4 speakers

I bought these speakers ages ago and have always been unsatisfied with the sound (have to turn bass right down and treble right up on amp), do you think that I should change my amp which I may be able to take back and swap as only recently purchased or just get some speakers that work better with my amp & cd player? If a change of amp is recommended what would you recommend for approx £350-£400? If you suggest speakers what do you recommend in the approx £200 bracket (I thought Maudant Short 902i's or B&W 686or Monito Audio BR2).

I am more concerned about clarity and detail than bass performance and my room is 4.5x3.6m.

Sorry to be annoying!

acoustique

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So, is any good this speakers>? I want to change my celestion sl6 with this speakers, because I need more soundstage and deep controlled bass. They are of a friend.
Celestion sl6 ist really good speakers, very neutral, excellent detail and midrange, great sound for jazz, ambiental and voices, but UNFORTUNATELY to small and restrictiv bass for my living room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts