Changing B&W 602 s3 speakers for Monitor Audio Bronze BX2

Trailblazer

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of building my first home cinema system, and was going to incorporate my B&W 602 s3's which i've owned from new into this.

Thing is finding a centre and surrounds for this, i'm going to have to go down the second hand route (ebay etc).

I thought i'd found a centre the CC6 s2 on ebay, but upon reciept the condition of it was nothing like in the description (damaged case, tweeter), so i'm at this moment in a dispute with the seller.

I dont want to take the gamble again so was looking at replacing my speakers for somethng thats currently available, and so be able to source a centre from new.

My room measures appx. 3.2mX4.5m and have always thought that they are a little too large for my room, so doing some research the Monitors seem to fit the bill in price, dimensions, and good reviews.

I like to listen to mainly rock and dance music from my connected ipod, cd and turntable, so i need speakers to be good for music and films.

My B&W's are powered by an old NAD 302 amp which is only rated at 25w, probably under powered for them, but i'm in the market for my first AV reciever and possibly a new stereo amp, and was looking at the Denon AVRX 1000.

I know i'm talking about home cinema here so i may be in the wrong forum, but has anyone else had any experience with these two pairs of speakers? Am i going to be really dissapointed downgrading to the Monitors? (If it is a downgrade!) Or will i be pleasently surprised?

My B&W's are in excellent condition and the can fetch upto £200 still, so this would fund my new purchase.

Thank you for any feedback or advice.

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine used 602's for years (s2's I think) until his nephew put a finger right through the tweeter, ouch! He'll be auditioning some of the BX range amongst others this weekend. I would expect BX2's to be a side grade at least. Have you considered any of the Q-acoustics range for a stereo/AV setup? Various sizes to pick from to suit room size, well priced and well rated too.

Trailblazer

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for posting a reply,

No i had not considered the Q-acoustics yet, so i'll give these some consideration if i go down the route of replacing my speakers.

Could you tell me what your friend thinks of the BX range compared to the B&W's after auditioning, as i'd be interested to now.

Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts