B&W or Monitor audio

Joshuamessenger

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
At current i have monitor audio BR2 connected in to a Harman/Kardon HK3390

I am concidering in getting rid of the monitor audio for a par of Bowers & Wilkins DM602 S2. would this be a sensible idea ?

Also in the near future consider getting an upgrade for my amp to a roksan kandy K2. would this be worth waiting out on insted of the B&W's

I would suggest there's little between the two. Pound-for-pound the 602s were one of the best speakers around (haven't heard these B&Ws for years, so no idea how they compare with modern equivalents), likwewise the BR2 were award winners.

If you're upgrading the amp to a Kandy - 'The Record Spot' rates the HK very highly, although I've no experience of HK stuff - and HK could well do with better speakers. If budgets allow, I'd look at MA GS10, Focal 806V, PMC DB1is or even Totem.

Joshuamessenger

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
The 602s are tempting but as you say, the br2 are award winners. think i may have to book my self in for a demo. so i get to listen and go from there.

also could you link me to The Record Spot website as when i put it in to google its come up at some were in USA.

i would love a pair of speakers that u mentioned, put im only a student looking for a job so my bugget is limmeted to £200 for a new set of speakers or hard saveing for the roksan by xmas.

my dream speakers atm is the PMC 22

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Joshuamessenger said:
The 602s are tempting but as you say, the br2 are award winners. think i may have to book my self in for a demo. so i get to listen and go from there.

also could you link me to The Record Spot website as when i put it in to google its come up at some were in USA.

i would love a pair of speakers that u mentioned, put im only a student looking for a job so my bugget is limmeted to £200 for a new set of speakers or hard saveing for the roksan by xmas.

my dream speakers atm is the PMC 22

keep the BR2's even for a rainy day......

Joshuamessenger said:

Sorry... LOL. The Record Spot is a member of this forum and not a company. He lives near a HK dealer and has heard the their amps and CDPs, so when he's back on he should be able to give you more details on the comparison with Roksan Kandy.

I'd say if the budget is tight then stick with your current speakers until you can afford one of the makes I've mentioned. Although, from what I've read about HK amps, you may not get a significant improvement with a Kandy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts