B&W MT-30

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know if these are due to be updated anytime soon as they seem to have been around for ages? Also are they the best option at around £1,500 for a combination of films and music. The room is quite small so large speaker packages are out.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Honestly mate save a grand and get some Qacoustics ive had both and hardly any difference

Muzza said:
Hi

Does anyone know if these are due to be updated anytime soon as they seem to have been around for ages? Also are they the best option at around £1,500 for a combination of films and music. The room is quite small so large speaker packages are out.

Thanks

Hi Muzza

What AV amp will you be using?

Music - What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

The speaker cables which you'll use are?

What kind of presentation are you looking for from the speakers and the system as a whole to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
MT 30 great for movies but not so good for music. Listen to the Monitor Audio Radius HD AV 12 package.It will come in on budget,sound fantastic with both movies and music and the finish is superb.Piano black or white finishes.

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Rick

The amp and cables need to be chosen too, but I think maybe one of the Onkyo or Yamaha 2011 models as I like the Spotify option. As for types of music its a mix of rock and salsa (wife's South American!), any ideas?

Apologies I am not sure what you mean by presentation?

Thanks

MUSICRAFT said:
Muzza said:
Hi

Thanks

Hi Muzza

Music - What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

What kind of presentation are you looking for from the speakers and the system as a whole to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I have the MT-30 and it's very good but I wanted too to know if there's a new version coming out soon so I emailed B&W. And their answer is yes
smiley-smile.gif
the Mini Theatre is up for revision and there will be an announcement in a few months together with a new PV subwoofer which in their words is going to impress. So if I were you I would wait.

Muzza said:
Hi Rick

The amp and cables need to be chosen too, but I think maybe one of the Onkyo or Yamaha 2011 models as I like the Spotify option. As for types of music its a mix of rock and salsa (wife's South American!), any ideas?

Apologies I am not sure what you mean by presentation?

Thanks

MUSICRAFT said:
Muzza said:
Hi

Thanks

Hi Muzza

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Muzza

Thanks for your reply.

Do you want the system to have a soft laid back sound, rich and dynamic, crisp and upfront etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

buzz_lightclick said:
@pppp1

You may have a scoop over What Hi-Fi there! I wonder if it's just the PV subwoofer they are updating for the new system or if the M1 sats are finally getting a make-over.

Both will be updated.

Frank please tell us more. You MUST know more.
smiley-smile.gif

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like I should wait
smiley-laughing.gif

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Other than they're going to be updated, I honestly don't know anything else. I suspect we'll hear more over the next few months. As and when, we will!

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping people would have posted on here if there had been any more news but a) I'm excited, b) it's a quite lunchtime, c) I've got a chocolate-based macaroon in my hand, so anyone got anything to add? Any ideas on timescales?

TRENDING THREADS