B&W MT-25 or Q Acoustics Q7000

hEars

Oct 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Sony DAV-S550 which I've had for probably the best part of 10 years now. I've always been happy with the DTS sound from DVD's in my modest 4.5x3.5m living room, but I've been toying with the idea of upgrading to a DTS HD capable system and I have a few questions for anyone who is kind enough to spend a few minutes of their time in advising me.

1) Which speaker system do you think would be better the B&W MT-25 or the Q Acoustics Q7000?

2) Do you think there would be a noticeable difference from my current Sony system? I use my PS3 as a Blu-Ray player.

3) Which receiver do you think would be better to pair with the above speakers, the Denon AVR-1910 or the Onkyo TX-NR609?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post,

Kind regards,

Steve

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi hEars :wave:

Both the Qacoustics and B&W are excellent systems both are award winners, if you can try to Dem them if not do a little home work as in check out other reviews what sort of finish do you want the Qacoustics do look very nice, I have seen and heard these and was very impressed, but which ever you choose you will not be disapointed so you can buy with confidence. As for the amps you have chosen, again try to audition both or at least one, I am not sure how far you are from a dealer but most good ones carry said speakers and amps, but if you can not again do a little home work FWIW the denon would be my choice as they are more musical if you like your music. As for the sound quality from your current system, it will be like chalk and cheese a masive improvement :dance: Your play station will be more than good enough for blu-ray play untill you want/can uprade later.

I would try though to see if you can dem any of the above, as it is a lot of money to spend out blind...I know its a pain but you may have to travel but it will be worth it, but if you can not then what ever you choose you will enjoy ALOT.

hEars

Oct 4, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys. I've bought B&W M1's and an AS2 sub secondhand from EBay described as immaculate and a Denon AVR 1910 in the same condition. I thought that if for any reason I wasn't happy with them I can sell them on for what I have paid for them. I'm very excited and a little apprehensive as I wait for my purchases. I guess that buying from a dealer you get all the excitement without the apprehension
smiley-laughing.gif
. So it will have cost me approx £560 including delivery for my new system, which seems like a good price to me (so long as everything is as described). I just need some stands now for the front speakers.

Thanks again for the advice,

Steve

TRENDING THREADS