B&W LCR60 S3 Problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

i just got a b&w lcr60 and the problem is when i connect the cables to the top HF connections the sound is very low. You can barely hear it but when i connect the speaker cable to the bottom LF the sound is normal. And i have no gold links on them. Due to it only came with one gold link. Can some one let me know if this is normal if not i can give it back and get my money back. I have the 602 s3 and they have no problem what so ever if i plug the speaker cable on HF or LF connections without the gold links thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If you're not using the links and you're not using Bi-wire cable, you're only getting either the mids or the tweeters depending on which terminals you're connecting to.

You need to replace the links, or use bi-wire speaker cable.

A

Anonymous

Hi Big Chris,

thanks for your reply can i just use one gold link and one speaker wire for the time beging to make it to 2 links for now. sent a message to b&w if they can send me some gold links for the center speaker

A

Anonymous

On the av receiver settings should i set the B&W 602 s3 and lcr60 to normal or large. And since i have the links for my 602 s3 should i connect it to hf or lf with the links. I will just be using it normal no be wireing etc

A

Anonymous

Excellent cusromer service from bowers wilkins there sending me the links for free

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I have exactly the same speakers. As stated above, you need to biwire the centre channel or contact B&W to get replacement gold links.

I set my speakers to large (since they're full size speakers rather than tiny satellite speakers, albeit not floorstanders).

As far as I understand, if you have the links, it shouldn't make any difference which terminals you connect the speaker cable to, though mine are connected to the bottom terminals (it looks a little neater round the back that way).

Hope that helps. Just out of interest, what did you pay for them?

A

Anonymous

Hi Strapped for cash,

i bought the 602 s3 new when they came out and read the reviews in what hifi mag. I bought the lcr60 for £123 plus post cost me £24 so all together i paid £147 for the lcr60 is that a good price it has some marks plus the conners of the box have very some small damage at the moment am using a speaker cable for one link and am using the other one with B&W link hopefully i get the links in post by friday plus i have the b&w dm600 for surround

A

Anonymous

can anyone recomand me a good movie to test the surround sound of these speakers thanks

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
MrKay00 said:
Hi Strapped for cash,

i bought the 602 s3 new when they came out and read the reviews in what hifi mag. I bought the lcr60 for £123 plus post cost me £24 so all together i paid £147 for the lcr60 is that a good price it has some marks plus the conners of the box have very some small damage at the moment am using a speaker cable for one link and am using the other one with B&W link hopefully i get the links in post by friday plus i have the b&w dm600 for surround

I paid a similar price for a LCR60 about this time last year (I managed to break my old one and sold it for spares on ebay). I was intrigued to know what you paid as they're old speakers now, though mine still sound great and look in excellent condition.

You'd have struggled to pay less to be honest. Older B&W speakers hold their value very well and often sell on ebay for not much below their original rrp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts