B&W HTM62 AND HTM61 CENTER SPEAKERS

BJB

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
B&W recommend the 62 for small to medium sized rooms and the 61 for medium to large rooms. Unfortunately they don't define small, medium and large rooms. We have an open plan lounge and dining room. Lounge is 5m x 5.6m and the dining room is 4.3m x 5.6m. In addition there is a 2.5m wide passage between the 2. Total size of the lounge and dining room, including the passage, is therefore 11.8m x 5.6m. Ceiling height is double volume. I have already purchased the 62s as recommended for the 684 speaker package but I have not yet opened them. Do I have what B&W define as a large room and should I therefore exchange the 62s for 61s? Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

BJB:B&W recommend the 62 for small to medium sized rooms and the 61 for medium to large rooms. Unfortunately they don't define small, medium and large rooms. We have an open plan lounge and dining room. Lounge is 5m x 5.6m and the dining room is 4.3m x 5.6m. In addition there is a 2.5m wide passage between the 2. Total size of the lounge and dining room, including the passage, is therefore 11.8m x 5.6m. Ceiling height is double volume. I have already purchased the 62s as recommended for the 684 speaker package but I have not yet opened them. Do I have what B&W define as a large room and should I therefore exchange the 62s for 61s? Thanks for your help.

Think you may already have answered your own question

62 for small to medium , would you define your room as small?

Depending on the reviews of the speakers I'd go for the 61s, 61 for medium to large to be safe

BJB

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your input Lesmor. Unfortunately, I don't think WHFSV do reviews of just the center speakers. They have reviewed the 683 speaker package, which includes the 61s. The overall review if I remember correctly was that the sound was a bit unexciting, whether or not that was due to the center speaker I have no idea. I will attempt to convince the store to bring the 61 to the installation in order to do a comparison with the 62.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts