B&W Formation Duo

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
After much deliberation I have now ordered a pair of Formation Duo's plus the Formation Audio Hub for connection options.

I held back with the speaker stands as I don't really like the look of them and I have a pair of sturdy stands. If required and if I decide to keep the B&W's I may get them.

My Kef LS50 Wireless II, which I like a lot, will stay for the foreseeable future and used in another room (or return to main room duty if the Formation Duo's don't work out)

Should that happen I will have to think again.

Let's hope they are as good as the reviews say. - I trust Jaxwires opinion, that's a decent start.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

After much deliberation I have now ordered a pair of Formation Duo's plus the Formation Audio Hub for connection options.

I held back with the speaker stands as I don't really like the look of them and I have a pair of sturdy stands. If required and if I decide to keep the B&W's I may get them.

My Kef LS50 Wireless II, which I like a lot, will stay for the foreseeable future and used in another room (or return to main room duty if the Formation Duo's don't work out)

Let's hope they are as good as the reviews say. - I trust Jaxwires opinion, that's a decent start.
Nice one! Let us know how you get on with them. Cheers.

Reactions: RoA

Solo

Jan 27, 2021

Excellent choice, I hope it works out for you. In my opinion they are the best sounding active speakers around. The new B&W music app still needs some work and need some additional sources, but it is a huge step in the right direction.

Reactions: RoA

Solo

Jan 27, 2021
Have you heard them Solo?
I have them at home, the Duo‘s with bass and the audio to connect my turntable. They sound excellent, with real clarity, especially with high/res sources. I also use them with my TV via airplay from Apple TV which works great without lip sync issues.

I listened to several active speakers including the KEF, but for me the B&W was a clear winner regarding sound.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Hi Rick. I hope all is good with you. - I see it going that way (sub). Paradoxically for low volume listening which I do far more than the other way. I kind of hope they do OK at this. Have a good Easter my friend.

Reactions: MUSICRAFT

afsaft

Jan 19, 2022
I have a question about the Formation Duo. In general, I am very happy buying them, but have a question.
When I listen to Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1 master on Tidal, I find the song boring without any drama ( I am not good with hifi terms). When I listen to the same song trough some bad old Bose earphones connected a MacBook Pro 2021, I think the song is much more engaging, the voices just don't disappear into the background and there is some substance to the instruments. I wonder if someone else has the same experience when it comes to the Duo, and that the Duo maybe isn't the perfect fit for this song?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts