B&W factory!

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Hells teeth, I would love to go there. Just bought a pair of B&W CM8's, love to see them manufactured, well not my pair, just any pair.
Enjoy it mate, for me also

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I visited the Worthing site just over a year ago, and it's a very insightful factory tour.

That, and the CT800 cinema system powered by all Classe stuff they have there has ruined cinema for me ever since :p

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
woodster said:
Hells teeth, I would love to go there. Just bought a pair of B&W CM8's, love to see them manufactured, well not my pair, just any pair. Enjoy it mate, for me also

A long trip to China :) (Great speakers though!)

A

Anonymous

and no i did not go to china. just to dale road about 2 miles from where i live. From my day there business reasons aside. i now need to completely buy a new system.

i was able to demo firstly there glorious 802's which just blew me away. Mrs. Robinson on these blew me away. which i kinda expected however bigger shocks were to come.

i was then able to try their new mini theather with the new PV1D. it was a bigger shock that the 802's. it was amazing!

then onto the customer wall series which was immpressive but did not do much for me however the best came last

the CT800 theather system which tbh has ruied my life of not being able to go to another cinima ever again without complaining! it was draw droppingly powerful and you could not miss a thing!

big thanks to all the guys and gals for there amazing work . and long live B&W

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
They did on my visit- complete construction of the 800 Diamond series, from cabinet construction, driver and tweeter assembly and crossover building all the way through to the testing they do on every unit. A lot of polishing goes on!

When I was there, we saw a pair of Nautilus speakers being finished and boxed up- big crates involved- think the end scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Deliriumbassist said:
They did on my visit- complete construction of the 800 Diamond series, from cabinet construction, driver and tweeter assembly and crossover building all the way through to the testing they do on every unit. A lot of polishing goes on!

When I was there, we saw a pair of Nautilus speakers being finished and boxed up- big crates involved- think the end scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Sounds good :)
The Nordost speakers are nice. I also liked the N801's. Its a shame they aren't made anymore.

MattSPL said:
Deliriumbassist said:

The Nordost speakers are nice. I also liked the N801's. Its a shame they aren't made anymore.

Hi Matt

I didn't realize that Nordost also produce speakers :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
MattSPL said:
Deliriumbassist said:

Hi Matt

I didn't realize that Nordost also produce speakers :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ooops :oops: I guess my mind was in cable topic mode

I meant Nautilus speakers of course :grin:

Cheers
Matt

A

Anonymous

Hi guys

yes i did get to go round the factory. i was cheecky enough and assembled a diamond tweeter and fitted a 800 bass driver too!! i did take some photos on my phone but dunno how to get them onto here! I did ask why they have not got an 801 and they said that the technicalities involved with the cabniet and drivers meant the stanard 800 is better and would be.

just spent the afternoon bi wiring my speakers and i love them even more!

Matt

A

Anonymous

They played Mrs Robinson on 802s. Wow. What a waste. Tom Sawyer would have been good!
smiley-cool.gif

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
moozer said:
Hi guys

yes i did get to go round the factory. i was cheecky enough and assembled a diamond tweeter and fitted a 800 bass driver too!! i did take some photos on my phone but dunno how to get them onto here! I did ask why they have not got an 801 and they said that the technicalities involved with the cabniet and drivers meant the stanard 800 is better and would be.

just spent the afternoon bi wiring my speakers and i love them even more!

Matt

Thats a shame, the large driver in the 801's looks great :grin: Good of them to let you help out too :)

You need an image hosting account like photo bucket or flicker to put photo's on the forum.

Cheers
Matt

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts