hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Seasons greetings

I might be going on about this a bit. So apologies

Just curious and a little anxious. Having sold my cm5 I bought a pair of pmc 21 from lintone audio at a very good price.
Expecting delivery on monday.
I have always had bw speakers for last 20 years. So just wondering how different/improved the sound would be on pmc21 compare to bwcm5?

Thanks

Don't concern yourself too much, Animesh. The 21s should be a good step-up in quality.

I've not heard the 21s but have the 23s and they are stonking. If you need reassurance, wait until you receive them and give them a few days for you to adjust to the different sound and for the drive units to loosen, it'll be smiles-per-miles.

Have you tried reading other threads comparing CM5 S2 and the 21s? Clickety.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Don't concern yourself too much, Animesh. The 21s should be a good step-up in quality.

I've not heard the 21s but have the 23s and they are stonking. If you need reassurance, wait until you receive them and give them a few days for you to adjust to the different sound and for the drive units to loosen, it'll be smiles-per-miles.

Oh plastic penguin!!
Your words sound like music to my ears.
Thanks for your reply
And merry xmas

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932 said:
plastic penguin said:

Oh plastic penguin!! Your words sound like music to my ears. Thanks for your reply And merry xmas

No probs.

generally speaking I don't buy into 'running in' or 'burn in', but speakers are the exception. Speskers have physical moving parts i.e. the drive units, and like new car engines they need a period to 'bed in'. So straight from the box you may notice the 21s treble and upper midrange may sound a little sharp. Also the bass could also sound a little flabby (not boomy). Don't panic. This is perfectly normal for new or unheard speakers, despite them being s/hand or ex-dem. They could've been lying around collecting dust for ages.

If you can leave the system on (very quietly) overnight and this should smooth out any rough edges. You should end up with a fast, precise, yet smooth speaker.

Enjoy the experience. Brag about your PMCs. *smile*

Season's greetings to you, sir.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts