B&W CM1 and Musical Fidelity M6i

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

earthpremium

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I also own the CM1s and pairing it w/ the m6i sounds intriguing. You don't need to worry about damaging your cm1s by putting too much power. Its when u under power the speakers that you will run into problems. I initially paired my cm1s w/ 30w peachtree amp & right away the cm1s started crackling. check this link out

http://www.polkaudio.com/polk-university/faq/why-did-my-speakers-break

cm1's are very power hungry & you need a solid high power amp to get them to sing. I had previously hooked it up to a NAD c356bee & C275bee but the C390dd took it to another level. Combination is extremely clean, detailed , very musical & Neutral. I got mine used on audiogon, u can usually find it used for $1500-1700 US & considering it has reallly high end DAC in it, its a bargain. Rotel is another great way to go & while it does bring out the Cm1s strengths, it certainly is Not Neutral. It has its own unique sound but that sound is very pleasant too.

xerefey

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hola,

Finally yesterday i received my brand new Rotel RA-1570, without investing too much time in fine tunning, play with speakers position i was really pleased with the initial sound very clear, crispy Bass a little bit boomy in some songs, however with the fine tunning i do expect to have this fixed (Be warea that speakers could not be positioned more than 30cm away from the wall).

Amplifier seems to be just perfect for B&W speaker (CM1) my room is 6mX6mx3.5m so it´s not that small and it sounds pretty good so far (Yesterday night due to kids i was not able to go up 50 on volume meter).

When added my ASW610 SW for sure i felt more body was perceived among the whole living room, however i think that i might need to do more fine tunning, not really happy in terms of "power" (be aware that Volume setting on SW are not above 9 o´clock so it´s slightely above the lower level).

So far i feel pretty much satisfied with the sound i experienced yesterday, next step is to connect my new RCD12 player, due to currently i have used only the Ipod as a source (Vie USB cable and via bluetooth). Not sure if i will get an additional sound experience / improvement by using the CD player, so i´m ineterested in having your opinion.

Well i committed to sahre with you my experience with Rotel / B&W speakers, so far i´m happy enough!!!!!!!!!! with this setup, it´s clear to me that there will be more amazing and also expensive systems however so far this is the right sytem for my living room and myself.

Brgds

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts