B&W CDM7 SE speakers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hello Another 'speaker' topic. What are peoples opinions on these speakers, to be matched with an Arcam Alpha 9 integrated amp and Arcam Alpha 8SE CD player? Would my amp be powerful enough to drive them? I mainly listen to electronic music (Fischerspooner, Underworld, Leftfield, Hed Kandi) but also listen to Pink Floyd, Queen, some Jazz/Blues etc... Thanks

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
5 years or more ago i had a pair of CDM 1 SE standmounters on Atacama stands. They sounded very clear but only a modest amount of bass yet i enjoyed listening to them alot....I did hear the 7SE next too a pair of the then current 600 series standmounters but honestly could nott heare too much difference apart from the 7Se being a little clearer..The bass between the two floorstanders was greater in the 600 series...At times i thought the 7SE were a bit on the 'clinical' side..Dont get me wrong they still are a good listen...

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've heard a couple of 'floppy' reports not about the CDM7SE's which have put me right off.

Shame i cant stretch the budget to buy a pair of B&W CM7's haha.... Damn, theyre good speakers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts