B&W A5 and A7 auditioned

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

I read someone mentioned dm601, here's a little story

I recently upgraded my speakers from dm601 to cm5. I had the dm601 for almost twenty years so gave them to my sister but after a couple of sessions with cm5 I began to miss the sound of my old speakers. CM5 s are wonderful speakers perhaps much better than the 601s but I felt I would have to have them back so I had to buy my sister a new pair of speakers BA A26. I got the dm601 set up in conservatory I bought the yamaha as500 and Marantz cd6004 to complete the system.

Those cm5 cost me a lot more than thier actual price tag.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Helmut80 said:
Twill said:
I knew Airplay had to compress video, but I thought it was effectively lossless for audio.

airplay can only do 16/44, cannot do HD such as 24/96 or 24/192

16/44 is still lossless for cd quality music.

The question is whether, if streaming 16/44 over AirPlay, is there any compression used.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
:) The Cure non-stop, the 2011 festival album. :)

Robert Smith is said to be very into the mixing of the music. Snare drums sounding great. Kurzweil synth sound signature in each melody.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
aniskg what about the A26? they are also very nice speakers..ever thought about getting those "back" also? :clap: I joke here but I kind of have a passion for every bit of gear I buy. Cannot depart with any

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts