B&W 802D Series 1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
is there a differance between 802D Series 1 and the 802 diamond nautilus or are they the same speaker?

from the images i can find they look exactly the same.

Also would a Cyrus 6xp be a good enough amp to drive them?

thanks

A

Anonymous

It'll drive them but not very well IMO

They're big speakers and need a fair whack to drive them

A Cyrus 8XP with a rack of Mono's would do the job
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

A Cyrus 8XP with a rack of Mono's is something im going to have to work towards, at the mo im stuck with the 6xp.

i presume the 802D series 1 and the 802 diamond nautilus are 2 different speakers that look identical ? how much would i be looking to pay for a pair of 802D series 1 any ideas?

thanks

Carve:
is there a differance between 802D Series 1 and the 802 diamond nautilus or are they the same speaker?

from the images i can find they look exactly the same.

Also would a Cyrus 6xp be a good enough amp to drive them?

thanks

Hi Carve

The 6XP can be used with the 802's however you'll have to keep the volume in check!

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

hifilover1979:
It'll drive them but not very well IMO

They're big speakers and need a fair whack to drive them

A Cyrus 8XP with a rack of Mono's would do the job
emotion-5.gif

Hi hifilover1979

Not really.

Amplification such as the quality of the Plinius SA103, SB301, SA Reference, Chord Electronics SPM 1200E, SPM 4000, SPM 1400E, SPM 6000, Krell's Evolution 402e, Evolution 600e and Gryphon's Antileon Stereo are the levels of amplifiers which will do the job far more effectively with the 802's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

thx Rick, do the 802's need to be played loud or do they sound good at lower volumes too?

would realy like an answer to my first question as well because my goggling isnt shedding much light

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts