B&W 685 or MA RS1

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Cypher:
Sometimes I feel I missed something. I had the B&W 685 at home, paired with a Rotel RA-04 and Marantz CD6002. I found them sluggish and the sound wasn't tight enough. Boring sound I thought.

But I read so many postive things about the 685, I feel there's something I missed with these speakers. Maybe the RA-04 isn't a good partner for the 685 ?

I now have the Dynaudio X12......they are amazing. I feel like I'm listening to music again instead of a hifi system if you know what I mean.

This just highlights what 67% of 92% of threads on the forum are about. To some people the Rotel / B&W combo would be plenty tight enough. There is no right or wrong it's what YOUR ears think.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Also I would recommend having a repeat audition if it is possible and with different dealers. I was convinced that the B&W's didnt go well with the Marantz, but I was proved wrong. Do as much auditioning as possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts