B&W 683 speakers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my speakers to these beauties in the very near future. Matching them with my Arcam Alpha 9 set-up (for the time being).

I will be going to audition them beforehand but i just wanted to see what peoples opinions are of these speakers in a stereo system. Also; id be interested in thoughts from people who have these or have heard these through an Arcam set-up.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I found them a little boomy, although they apparently benefit from a bung in the bass port.
I ended up buying the Dali Ikons (6) instead.

A

Anonymous

I found them to be great speakers. I liked their bass a lot. They were plugged to a Primare i21 and found their performance superb.

The'll give you the extra bass you maybe are looking for. But if you like the mids and treble of your RS6 maybe you could try the RS8. I chose the RS8 over the BW683 because their smaller footprint and overall size (fits better in the livingroom).

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I tried the RS8's when i demo'd the RS6's and actually found their bass wanting whereas the RS6's provided straight away.

I did demo the 683's as well and also thought they were superb but will be for a different room which is about 1.5 times bigger then where my current system is. But i could also be doing a bit of moving about...

I'm going to have a think over the next few days and decide then. I've been offered brand new 683's inc delivery for £650 so it's a bargain not to be sniffed at IMO!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
EvilWolf:Your MA RS6's are better speakers.

I happen to disagree on this one Evil. I never rate the RS6s and that not because MA can't build good speakers...they certainly can (I had 2 very good pairs) but at this price point you can buy better. I even prefer the cheaper BR series. all imo.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fr0gmeister, how do you rate the Dalis? I absolutely love mine, they are very mellow, not party speakers (my ProAcs have far more verve), but in my living room they are exactly what I want. Actually, the only criticism I could level was possibly a touch (small) of sibilance, other than that they are, as the youngsters of today might say gr8, or wicked (ahem)

Well maybe not as good as some mp3 tunes played loud through a mobile on the bus...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts