B o 2402 turntable

pravstar

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I bought a b o 2402 turntable, but there seems to be no reviews out there. It has an mmc20en cartridge and needle and has a problem with the arm not returning correctly but it's in excellent condition and at under 50£ it was worth a punt . I've never owned high end turntable andI just wanted to ask if this is a decent mid range vinyl spinner

pravstar said:
I bought a b o 2402 turntable, but there seems to be no reviews out there. It has an mmc20en cartridge and needle and has a problem with the arm not returning correctly but it's in excellent condition and at under 50£ it was worth a punt . I've never owned high end turntable andI just wanted to ask if this is a decent mid range vinyl spinner

Does it actually play? You mention the arm not returning correctly so what exactly does it do?

It may only have cost £50 but if it's fully-automatic play system has failed then it's going to turn out to be a very expensive turntable, and it certainly will be when you need to replace that stylus (currently $250).

As to whether it's decent I don't know as have never sen one let alone used one (I don't imagine any forumee has either) but it's old, around 1981, and sounds like it's malfunctioning, so you decide.

pravstar

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
In all honesty I haven't tested this item properly,it was an impulsive purchase.I have to buy an rca convertor first, then test with some vinyl I have. I've seen on YouTube that other people have the same issues with the arm, the fix does not appear to be too complex,fingers crossed. I know the cartridge is worth 150 pounds so I'll try and fix this first, there's a technics 1210 next door which I can test against

pravstar said:
In all honesty I haven't tested this item properly,it was an impulsive purchase.I have to buy an rca convertor first, then test with some vinyl I have. I've seen on YouTube that other people have the same issues with the arm, the fix does not appear to be too complex,fingers crossed. I know the cartridge is worth 150 pounds so I'll try and fix this first, there's a technics 1210 next door which I can test against

OK. Let know how you get on. If the stylus does need replacing are you sure you can get one for £150?

Hope you can get it sorted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts