Ayrton Senna 1960 - 1994

Twenty eight years ago today Sunday May 1st 1994 at the San Marino Grand Prix the world lost the greatest Formula 1 driver.

Ayrton Senna 1960 - 1994

“I race designed to win”

“There is no compromise.”

“You give everything you have.”

“Everything.”

“Absolutely everything.”

R.I.P Ayrton

BBC Top Gear Ayrton Senna Tribute -

“I think Senna I will put him in number one” Fernando Alonso

“For me Senna is number one” Felipe Massa

“For me he was number one” Rubens Barrrichello

“I will put Ayrton Senna as number one” Jarno Trulli

“For me Ayrton Senna undoubtedly was the number one” David Coulthard

“I will put him number one you know he was definitely the greatest driver” Mika Hakkinen

“If you ask me I put Senna as well in number one” Michael Schumacher

“He had a God given talent that I haven’t witnessed anywhere else. A sixth sense of where the grip was before he turned into a corner” Martin Brundle

“You know I’ll be honest with you. I was never a Senna fan. I always thought Gilles Villeneuve was the greatest racing driver of them all. But to make this film I’ve watched hours and hours and hours of footage and the thing is Villeneuve was spectacular on a number of occasions, Senna was spectacular every single time he got in a car” Jeremy Clarkson

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U_K76vPGYo

Reactions: WayneKerr
Watched SENNA last night, probably the 4th or 5th viewing. Always makes me uncharacteristically sentimental, and I can still feel my anger from the time at the politics - Balestre in particular. RIP indeed.

The Honda engines from that era sounded better than anything else, ever. Feral and elemental - so much so that our dogs looked up whenever they were on screen. The Monaco footage is spellbinding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts