Awards issue now on sale!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:chebby:Clare Newsome:Since winning the Group Tests, the EB Acoustics speakers have frequently been unavailable, even to order, due to the backlog. The company made it clear that they had no plans to ramp up production to deal with greater demand, so we sadly had to rule them out of Awards contention. Great speakers, but available in too limited numbers; if you're prepared to wait, go for it!

The Awards issue spells this out clearly in the speakers section.

Ouch! That's harsh especially with respect to the ATC SCM11s.

About a year ago a friend of mine ordered his SCM11s through a dealer who often contributes here on the forum. (I recommended him.)

The SCM11s took so long to be made, that the dealer ended up having to give a substantial discount. (We are talking many weeks.)

I know this because I was there when he ordered them and I was the one who took delivery of them for my friend (he works as a night driver) and they came direct from the ATC factory so there was no dealer delay.

ATC are also not that 'widely available' and have a pretty small and select dealership network. When I rang around the ATC dealers nearest my location once I couldn't find any of them that had ATC in stock or to demo. In all cases I would have had to have ordered them and waited for ATC to build them.

Everything is relative, Chebby- and yes, we had those discussions with ATC as well as EB.

Conversation?? What conversation?. Nothing was said to me but it doesn't matter coz it's over and done with now anyway.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The many chats you've had with the team over the past few months re order levels etc, Ricky
emotion-40.gif

As mentioned, very happy to continue recommending the EB products - fantastic, five-star speakers.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts