Awards issue now on sale!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
haven't even recieved mine yet, what a joke
emotion-39.gif

I thought we were meant to get the issues earlier!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Clare Newsome:Since winning the Group Tests, the EB Acoustics speakers have frequently been unavailable, even to order, due to the backlog. The company made it clear that they had no plans to ramp up production to deal with greater demand, so we sadly had to rule them out of Awards contention. Great speakers, but available in too limited numbers; if you're prepared to wait, go for it!

The Awards issue spells this out clearly in the speakers section.

Ouch! That's harsh especially with respect to the ATC SCM11s.

About a year ago a friend of mine ordered his SCM11s through a dealer who often contributes here on the forum. (I recommended him.)

The SCM11s took so long to be made, that the dealer ended up having to give a substantial discount. (We are talking many weeks.)

I know this because I was there when he ordered them and I was the one who took delivery of them for my friend (he works as a night driver) and they came direct from the ATC factory so there was no dealer delay.

ATC are also not that 'widely available' and have a pretty small and select dealership network. When I rang around the ATC dealers nearest my location once I couldn't find any of them that had ATC in stock or to demo. In all cases I would have had to have ordered them and waited for ATC to build them.

Everything is relative, Chebby- and yes, we had those discussions with ATC as well as EB.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Garth Man:
haven't even recieved mine yet, what a joke
emotion-39.gif

Awards issue arrives concurrently. All the subscriber issues were posted out on Wednesday, so any delay will be down to the postal system. Apologies on their behalf.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Garth Man:haven't even recieved mine yet, what a joke
emotion-39.gif

As already explained, the magazines were posted on Wednesday - unfortunately not even Clare can control the postal service.

scene

Andrew Everard:
As already explained, the magazines were posted on Wednesday - unfortunately not even Clare can control the postal service.

If she's got a few £billion to spare, the Coalition would be willing to let her...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
On my way out soon to pay some bills.

I will cheer myself up afterwards by picking up a copy and reading it in Costa's over a coffee and choc tiffin.

Thanks for bringing it out today. (I thought it would be Monday.)

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
Great issue WHF team, many thanks. Although i was disappointed to see there is still no review for the new Leema Pulse amp as mentioned in the previous issuse. Will it be reviewed in next months?

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Great issue folks. Like most people in our great country, I'm strapped for cash at the moment, so it's window shopping for now...

Nice to see that I own some previous generations of the winner though.

This will come in handy when I need to consult ebay in two years time for a Bargain!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:2. Too bad about the EB1 & 2

The EB1s were the 'Best Stereo Speakers £300 - £600' in the 2009 Awards issue.

Not too shabby
emotion-1.gif

(I just hope EB products don't eventually go down the WHF 'Memory Hole' as a result of this year's exclusion, and that EB can get supply/demand sorted by this time next year.)

Ricky, if I could buy a pair of EB1s or EB2s right now I would, but it's been a heavy month on the finances and Christmas is looming
emotion-6.gif
(But it is still a plan.)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Back on topic. (Sorry.)

Good awards issue. Nice to see Rega dominant again in the sub £300 turntable sector with the new RP1. (No suprise though.)

Will anyone ever knock the P3-24/Elys 2 off the 'Best Turntable £300 - £600' award spot?

(Yes, and it will probably be Rega themselves!)

Glad to see my vote for the Sony BDP-S370 counted towards a well deserved 'Readers Award'.

Still got lots to read yet. (Busy day today.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts