AVI ADM5s. An update from Facebook...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The gauntlet has been thrown down...

"I'm sufficiently confident now after careful evaluation by both expert and amateur third parties and numerous demonstrations to claim that our new DM5s will easily outperform, by a considerable margin, most passive speakers.

Sounds impossible if you're unfamiliar with the enormous benefits of good active design, but on oath I'd swear that it's true.

All comers welcome to hear these things by appointment, especially if you have really expensive hi end.

Ash"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AVI-HiFi/140512942762745?ref=stream

Earlier updates say the ADM5s will be shipping in October.

Some nice veneers too.

£699

John Duncan

So Class D amplification is OK now? And 50w is enough? Oh and I thought everybody wanted piano white and piano black because veneers were old hat?

That said, I'd like some in ebony please (after they've sent some for WHF to review, obv).

I won't hold my breath for service facilities being available in 40 years time though obv.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
By the way, Chebby, this is the second time you've started positive threads about AVI. Any particular reason?

Neutral actually.

Ashley's own words from the company facebook page.

My only contribution is posting it and a bit of highlighting.

I can't possibly have any opinion on their performance (positive or negative) because I haven't heard them.

I'm done.

Enjoy.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
. I won't hold my breath for service facilities being available in 40 years time though obv.

Well , seeing as both of the proprietors of the company will in all likelihood be dead , and the company isn't anything without them , that would appear to be a bleedin' obvious statement . But by then the rest of us will be dribbling idiots in care homes so we won't care .

Still , by then , my soon to be delivered last of the cherry ADM40s will be highly sought after collectors items and it won't matter if they work or not because people will just want to own them .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
Well , seeing as both of the proprietors of the company will in all likelihood be dead , and the company isn't anything without them , that would appear to be a bleedin' obvious statement . But by then the rest of us will be dribbling idiots in care homes so we won't care .

Still , by then , my soon to be delivered last of the cherry ADM40s will be highly sought after collectors items and it won't matter if they work or not because people will just want to own them .

At least you will die happy safe in the knowledge that you have bought speakers which "may well be the finest money can (could) buy".

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
shropshire lad said:

At least you will die happy safe in the knowledge that you have bought speakers which "may well be the finest money can (could) buy".

Abso-bloomin'-lutely . Well , the finest I'm prepared to pay for . And if they are not , I couldn't care less .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
Abso-bloomin'-lutely . Well , the finest I'm prepared to pay for . And if they are not , I couldn't care less .

......and you are absolutely right.

I sincerely hope they work out for you, and would like to hear your impressions.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cno

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
So, if you own passive speakers that don't belong in the category of "most passive speakers", you'll have something that sounds better than ADM5's. So that's OK then.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
The gauntlet has been thrown down...

"I'm sufficiently confident now after careful evaluation by both expert and amateur third parties and numerous demonstrations to claim that our new DM5s will easily outperform, by a considerable margin, most passive speakers.

Sounds impossible if you're unfamiliar with the enormous benefits of good active design, but on oath I'd swear that it's true.

All comers welcome to hear these things by appointment, especially if you have really expensive hi end.

Ash"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AVI-HiFi/140512942762745?ref=stream

Earlier updates say the ADM5s will be shipping in October.

Some nice veneers too.

£699

that quote reads like something from a Russ Andrews catalogue ;-)

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Just the usual propaganda from the AVi fans. I wonder if they get paid?

Chris

I have no wish to be the bearer of unpleasant tidings, but I was personally quite disgusted at some of the additional statements being made, with respect to very derogatory remarks about one of the mods on this forum, and urging the faithful to more or less spam this forum with ultra positive comments on the 5's when they are released.

Not the behaviour that I would expect from a professional company.. but then, I've seen this sort of behaviour from other companies before, so it's not really a precedent per se.

But very unpleasant, and not necessary IMHO.

JB

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
JMacMan said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

I have no wish to be the bearer of unpleasant tidings, but I was personally quite disgusted at some of the additional statements being made, with respect to very derogatory remarks about one of the mods on this forum, and urging the faithful to more or less spam this forum with ultra positive comments on the 5's when they are released.

Not the behaviour that I would expect from a professional company.. but then, I've seen this sort of behaviour from other companies before, so it's not really a precedent per se.

JB

Jonboi , what are you talking about ? Derogatory remarks about another human bean ? Well , at least that doesn't happen over here .

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
altruistic.lemon said:
By the way, Chebby, this is the second time you've started positive threads about AVI. Any particular reason?

Neutral actually.

Ashley's own words from the company facebook page.

My only contribution is posting it and a bit of highlighting.

I can't possibly have any opinion on their performance (positive or negative) because I haven't heard them.

I'm done.

Enjoy.

Stupid post then really....................

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
JMacMan said:
Covenanter said:

Chris

JB

Jonboi , what are you talking about ? Derogatory remarks about another human bean ? Well , at least that doesn't happen over here .

Talking about some comments made by AJ on the AVI facebook page.

Doubtless everyone will have different interpretations.

Jmac

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
Derogatory remarks about another human bean ?

images

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Gentleman, my email is running hot from AVI members, asking for explanation as to my comments, and also from AJ of AVI, with some very choice words of his own - and not polite ones either.

It has been suggested that I should not have commented, as my comments were interpreted as misleading, and unfair.

There were a few other choice words directed at me as well, but I'll avoid commenting on the personal insults.

Fair enough, people get angry, as do I, and people say things in hot temper.

As an AVI member has suggested via email, rather than comment further, I'll simply say in my defence that I commented in the manner that I did, as I felt angered by the remarks I read, but meant no spiteful attack in my comments.

As also suggested by the aforementioned AVI member, here is a copy/paste of what I read, and what annoyed me and caused me to comment thus:

I'm sure that most of you are aware of how the spiteful and vindictive WHF mod John Duncan has wound his membership to hate and crap on every AVI owner who tries to discuss us, presumably to protect ad revenue from the old guard. In the circumstances and because DM5s are in WHF's customer price range, I'm rather hoping AVI posters become a Juggernaught he can't stamp on. They deserve that for their shabby tricks.

I'm happy to let the readership here decide if I was being misleading or unfair by commenting in the way that I did upon this AVI statement,

I've just been informed that I've been banned from AVI forums, for commenting as I have about the above, and for bringing it to the readerships and John Duncans attention.

I find that interesting, as in over 13 odd years of writing and/or contributing to many hobby forums, I've now been banned from two; Naim and AVI, and basically because of brand politics and marketing with which I've disagreed with, and spoken out against.

JMac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts