AVI ADM 9.1 Movies/Games

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am seriously considering getting the AVI ADM 9.1's and connecting them up to a 20" iMac for my music, what I want to know though is how good these speakers sound when putting a blu-ray player or PS3 through them. I could add the Sub to improve the low end. I know it will be only 2.1 but a 5.1 system isn't viable.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
carl62:
Hi

I am seriously considering getting the AVI ADM 9.1's and connecting them up to a 20" iMac for my music, what I want to know though is how good these speakers sound when putting a blu-ray player or PS3 through them. I could add the Sub to improve the low end. I know it will be only 2.1 but a 5.1 system isn't viable.

I'd imagine it would sound brilliant for a 2.1 system.

Messiah

Gerrardasnails:carl62:
Hi

I'd imagine it would sound brilliant for a 2.1 system.

Luckily I don't need to imagine and Gerrard is right. It does sound brilliant, even without the sub!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments Messiah, so do you use the ADM 9.1's mainly for Music with a bit of Movie/Gaming thrown in there?

How do they compare with a traditional speaker/sub setup for Movies/Gaming? (eg: Without the AV amp)

A

Anonymous

Is this threat dead?

I'm also very curious in how Messiah has managed to use the AMD9.1 in a cinema setup.

Did you directly connect you DVD player to the ADM's or a you using a sound processor?

Thanks for the help.

Messiah

Hi,

My Pioneer DVD player is connected to my ADMs via my Beresford DAC although I could connect it directly. No surround processor involved, I just listen to my movies and games in 2.1.

I used to have a Cyrus based surround set up with Monitor Audio speakers and it did sound great but the sonic benefits the ADMs provide mean I would rather use these in a 2.1 combination.

You could utilise them in a 5.1 set up but there is not a centre speaker that would match.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the update Messiah!

I guess the sound processing quality (multichannel -> stereo) of the Pioneer is better than Oppo.

Oppo excels in picture quality and multichannel sound is very good as well, but sound processing.....well.....not that good.

It sounds like the rear channels are not fully merged with the front channels resulting in the constant feeling that you miss "something".

Btw, all settings are properly set (ie. "downsample", "pcm", etc).

Messiah

biggetje:
Thanks for the update Messiah!

I guess the sound processing quality (multichannel -> stereo) of the Pioneer is better than Oppo.

Oppo excels in picture quality and multichannel sound is very good as well, but sound processing.....well.....not that good.

It sounds like the rear channels are not fully merged with the front channels resulting in the constant feeling that you miss "something".

Btw, all settings are properly set (ie. "downsample", "pcm", etc).

Sorry Biggetje but I am a little confused here....

Are you down-sampling to stereo as this is the impression I am getting from the other post? If so, why the need for the rear speakers as stated above??

What equipment are you using and what are you trying to achieve??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts