Average turntable sells for just £89!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No doubt ipod users converting LPs to digital.

I saw this coming a few years ago and I even thought of offering vinyl -> MP3/CD as a service on ebay, but then I backed out of the idea because I didn't want the hassle of complaints from people who said their record had arrived damaged in transit. Plus of course it's probably technically illegal.

I agree, chebby. And with radio so popular I'm surprised tuners are so out of fashion. I know DAB isn't really hi-fi, but good old FM seems to have had a reprieve and used tuners are almost given away (I just got used a Sony ES for not much more than tenner).

And re Clare's headline, I hate to do the maths, but it must mean Linn, Roksan, Clearaudio et al are selling precious few multi-thousand pound decks if that is the average value. I suppose Pro-Ject and Rega have the budget end of the hi-fi market sewn up. I recall in a previous year TTs outsold CD players!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Interesting bit in Clare's blog about the re-launch of Radio 7 (as Radio 4 extra) resulting in a boost for Radio 4 itself.

Radio 4 now has 12.4 percent of all radio listening!

More audience than every National commercial radio station added together (12.2 percent).

Thats the second largest audience for a single station. (After Radio 2 with 14.9 percent of all radio listening).

http://www.rajar.co.uk/listening/quarterly_listening.php

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts