AV receivers VS Sony HT-SS1300

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Basically I need a good surround sound cinema, and a bluray system but I am limited on space for a Av reciever...

I need help deciding what would work best for the room I have available in my TV unit... I have a hight issue with the AV receivers i have seen, the max hight i can have is 14cm, but all ive seen are 15 - 19 cm high receivers... So my only other option is to look a slim-line receiver with a 1080p pass thru (surround speaks are a bonus) i was looking that the Sony HTss1300... WhatHi-Fi are you planing to do a review on slim-line alternatives to a full size AV receiver? or know of a better option? - I have seen the oxyon version of a pass-thru via the sub, or a full surround sound bluray play... does any one have any sugestion? much appricaited

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="james9002uk"]
Basically I need a good surround sound cinema, and a bluray system but I am limited on space for a Av reciever...

I need help deciding what would work best for the room I have available in my TV unit... I have a hight issue with the AV receivers i have seen, the max hight i can have is 14cm, but all ive seen are 15 - 19 cm high receivers... So my only other option is to look a slim-line receiver with a 1080p pass thru (surround speaks are a bonus) i was looking that the Sony HTss1300... WhatHi-Fi are you planing to do a review on slim-line alternatives to a full size AV receiver? or know of a better option? - I have seen the oxyon version of a pass-thru via the sub, or a full surround sound bluray play... does any one have any sugestion? much appricaited

[/quote] I'm not sure if this will be what you need but it's 10cm tall and has two hdmi. http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=CAMB-AZUR-540RV3-BLK They are supposed to be very good sounding machines. If you wanted HD audio you would need a Bluray player to have the onboard decoding and then hook it up to the receiver using stereo cables for each speaker.

A

Anonymous

Now all I will need are some speakers... to much to choose from... does anyone have any recomendations? prob have about £150 to spend on speakers...

A

Anonymous

Gerrard, im slightly confused by this statement on that website you gave me:

Does the HDMI interface carry multi-channel audio? Only newer versions of HDMI carry multi-channel audio as well as video signals.

Does thisi mean I will have no sound via HDMI? or is this to do with the hdmi cable its self?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts