AV receiver with pre-outs to Stereo Amp combination

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking to invest in a stereo amp (budget up to 1000GBP).

So first step will be, buy the stereo amp and have the DACMagic to amp to the Kef floorstanders and stick with PS3 to 605 to the Kef eggs for 5.1 home cinema.

Later this year (after bonus probably), I'd like to upgrade the existing Onkyo 605 receiver to one with pre-outs to the stereo amp in the 7.1 set-up which has been detailed elsewhere on these forums.

As I'm doing this in a couple of steps, I need to plan a bit in advance, so here's the question....

Working back from where I'll be eventually, which AVR would work well with which stereo amp, while still working well with the Kefs

For example, if I stick with Onkyo and go for the 808, should I go with a Roksan Kandy or if I go for a Pioneer LX53 would a Cyrus 6XP be best.

Basically I'm asking should I even consider the two amps together when making a decision or should I just judge each one on its own merits, doing the job it is designed to do.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers, Thor

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Thor Frette:
Hello,

I'm looking to invest in a stereo amp (budget up to 1000GBP).

So first step will be, buy the stereo amp and have the DACMagic to amp to the Kef floorstanders and stick with PS3 to 605 to the Kef eggs for 5.1 home cinema.

Later this year (after bonus probably), I'd like to upgrade the existing Onkyo 605 receiver to one with pre-outs to the stereo amp in the 7.1 set-up which has been detailed elsewhere on these forums.

As I'm doing this in a couple of steps, I need to plan a bit in advance, so here's the question....

Working back from where I'll be eventually, which AVR would work well with which stereo amp, while still working well with the Kefs

For example, if I stick with Onkyo and go for the 808, should I go with a Roksan Kandy or if I go for a Pioneer LX53 would a Cyrus 6XP be best.

Basically I'm asking should I even consider the two amps together when making a decision or should I just judge each one on its own merits, doing the job it is designed to do.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers, Thor

I would go for their individual merits with the knowledge that they will work together also.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts