AV Receiver To Drive 2 Sets of Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My lounge is split into two areas, one where we watch the TV and another where I listen to my music. I am wanting to purchase an AV receiver (my first) which can drive a 5.1 speaker package when watching TV, but also a separate pair of hi fi speakers when I wish to listen to music (which will be located in a different area of the lounge).

I have looked at a number of AV Receivers including in ONKYO 606/7. It seems that you can bi amp the front speakers of the speaker package. However I am wanting to biamp the pair of speakers I listen to music on but not the front L/R of the surround sound speaker package. I am not sure whether the ONKYO (or any other manufacturer come to that) would support this. I would not need the surround sound speakers and pair of hi fi speakers to be driven at the same time.

Looking at the 607 manual I was hoping to be able to biamp the hi fi speaker pair using the Front L/R terminals with the terminal set marked for bi amping and drive the Front L/R of the surround sound speaker package using the Front High Speaker terminals. However the manual is unclear as to whether I can do this.

Any advise on this would be appreciated. Also for reasons of cost/space, I do not want to have a separate AV Receiver and Hi Fi amp.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Yamaha DSP-AX763, Denon AVR1909, Pioneer VSX-1018 have A/B speakers with the option of A, B and A+B. Onkyo 606 has zone 2 speaker output. I would imagine that the 607 with the new front high (will anyone use it?) speakers should be the same and I'm sure the front high speaker output could be used for zone 2.

TRENDING THREADS