AV Receiver - Source Direct HD Audio via PCM

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All - first post....
emotion-2.gif

I'm currently sending HD Audio to my Marantz SR4002 via HDMI and using a PCM signal from my Panny BD35. Linked to this is a MA RSAV speaker package so 5.1.

I have the Amp set to 'source direct'. As this should avoid all internal processing etc as the sound is being processed by the player. If the movie I'm watching has a 7.1 soundtrack will I be missing the audio for the rear surrounds or should the amp still know it's only got 5 speakers attached and process accordingly?

If I select 'Surround Auto' as the processing mode the sound quality (depth & detail), drops off significantly but I keep on convincing myself that this is the only way the amp could take the 7.1 signal and process it into a 5.1 output...

Any ideas???

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
If your Marantz SR4002 can decode all the audio formats then you may need to send the signal in bitstream(page 27 in the manual) and change BD video secondary audio to off.
I got confused setting up my Onkyo with a BD55 and could not get the Onk to read DTS HD master audio until I changed the BD video secondary audio to off, the on-screen menu gives the impression it should be set to on
I can't get my Onk to read DTS master audio on PCM at all. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts