AV receiver recommendation for ATC SCM11

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys: This m first post in this section here, So I bought a pair of ATC SCM11 in some earlier time for my music system before changing to some floor standing speakers and these are now kept in the loft.

Am thinking of building an AV system around these speakers, the idea is to add REL sub that can be used sometimes with my other music system and a pair of sattelite speakers for rear surrounding, and the Centre is yest to be decided.

I would appreciate any ideas/recommendations about which AV receiver to match the ATCs and able to power them as they are known to power hungry and less efficency

Regards

Rob_k

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi amro200

I use a Yamaha 1065av with ATC SCM7 (bi amped using the additional channels) and it suits my needs very well. Unfortunately I haven't used another amp with speakers (for comparison) as I upgraded both at the same time!

I am very happy with the sound and can recommend the Yamaha amp

Regards

Rob

amro200 said:
Hello guys: This m first post in this section here, So I bought a pair of ATC SCM11 in some earlier time for my music system before changing to some floor standing speakers and these are now kept in the loft.

Am thinking of building an AV system around these speakers, the idea is to add REL sub that can be used sometimes with my other music system and a pair of sattelite speakers for rear surrounding, and the Centre is yest to be decided.

I would appreciate any ideas/recommendations about which AV receiver to match the ATCs and able to power them as they are known to power hungry and less efficency

Regards

Hi amro200

What is your budget please?

In the meantime Yamaha and Anthem AV amplification is worth bearing in mind as these are the makes that we are currently mostly using to pair with ATC active and passive monitors.

Btw, i would highly recommend using an ATC monitor (such as C1C or C3C) for the centre channel as in my experience i've have yet to come across a non ATC speaker (which is to be used as a centre) that can gel as effectively with ATC monitors (being used in a FL/FR configuration) as their own monitors can.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations guys, my budget is around 500 pounds but am willing to stretch it if I have to, I also don't mind buying second hand.

I don't need more than 5.1 surround, but it must have pre out connections in case i want to combine it with my current HiFi system,

and preferably with home NW streaming, ipod connectivity and internet Radio capability.

The combination of center ATC C1C with mine is a good idea to match the front side.

Regards

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations guys, my budget is around 500 pounds but am willing to stretch it if I have to, I also don't mind buying second hand.

I don't need more than 5.1 surround, but it must have pre out connections in case i want to combine it with my current HiFi system,

and preferably with home NW streaming, ipod connectivity and internet Radio capability.

The combination of center ATC C1C with mine is a good idea to match the front side.

Regards

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Regards

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Regards

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Regards

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations guys, budget is around 500 pounds but am willing to stretch it if I have to, also don't mind buying second hand.

And preferably with home NW streaming, ipod connectivity and internet Radio capability.

The combination of center ATC C1C with SCM11 is a good idea to match the front speakers.

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My budget is around 500 pounds but I don't mind stretching it if I have to, I also don't mind buying SH

I don't need more than 5.1 surround and it must have pre out connections in case i found to combine it with my hifi system, preferably with home NW streaming, ipod connectivity and internet Radio capability.

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to add that I also don't mind buying second hand.

I don't need more than 5.1 surround, but it must have pre out connections for front channels in case I want to combine it with my current HiFi system, and preferably with home NW streaming, ipod connectivity and internet Radio capability.

the combination of center ATC C1C with mine is a good idea to match the front side also.

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Maximum budget can be stretched to 700 GBp I was using the SCMs with Cyrus PreXpd/Xpower before I replace them with FB1i, soon will a second xpower will join in mono. REL Sub (will be) T7 and rear speakers not decided yet but preferably a budget pair also open for suggestions. I currently got my eyes the Denon AVR3310 which I can grab for a good price, will it do the job with the ATCs?

Hi amro200

Thanks for your reply.

Denon's AVR-3310 and AVR-3313 amplifiers have got more then sufficient quantity and quality of power of be paired with SCM11 and C1C monitors. If Naim's Uniti (MK1) is adequate for SCM40 monitors then these Denon amps will be fine with SCM11's. Anyway, as an alternative to the Denon's i'll suggest that you should also consider Yamaha's outgoing Aventage RX-A2010 and Aventage RX-A3010 AV receivers. The Yamaha's pair well with these ATC's and you should be able to find these models in your budget. Either way for multichannel movie soundtracks i'll recommend setting all of the main speakers as small and experimenting with the bass management crossover frequency points between 60Hz to 120Hz.

Btw, for rear speakers SCM7 monitors are also worth a look as using SCM7's will help create a much more stable, coherent and accurate soundfield :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
For your budget, you're going to have to go used or ex-demo. There won't be any AV receivers that retail for £500 that will do justice to the SCM11's. Ideally, you'll need to be looking out for either Pioneer's SCLX75 or SCLX85, Onkyo's TXNR3009 (maybe the 1009 too), Yamaha's RXA3010 (maybe RXA2010), Denon AVR3312, or Marantz's SR7005. You'll only get out of the SCM11's what you put in.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Both Rick at Musicraft and David at Frank Harvey have mentioned the Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 receiver, which I got about six weeks ago for £849, much reduced from its original price. I just did a quick search for its price on google, and the same shop now has it even cheaper, for £769 in both black and titanium finishes! I'm having trouble changing my signature, but the Yamaha RX-A2010 has replaced the Yamaha RX-V1067 in my kitchen system. (The RX-V1067 has been relegated to the bedroom!) I had been very happy with the 1067, but the 2010 is better, so if you could possibly go to £769 you really won't regret it. One thing about the 2010 is that it has nine, not seven, amplifier channels, so you shouldn't need an auxiliary stereo amplifier.

amro200

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
which brand among them are better for music listening? am expectng a good sound from ATC/REL if i match the system carefully with the AV reciever.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts