AV out to BT speaker choices.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, due to the increasing hearing problems of my girl, I'm looking for advice on using a BT transmitter with my Yamaha RXv 373 receiver to a nice BT speaker which can be sited a lot closer to us in the room. I've seen a Taotronics transmitter and a JBL Flip speaker, both of which seem to get pretty good reviews but if there's something better around for similar money I'd like to know. Obviously I'd like to spend as little as possible but max budget would be £150 all-in. It would be mainly to address speech issues but good controlled bass would be a plus, not sure if the JBL is a bit loose in that department but it's not going to be on that loud. I'm not expecting miracles but something reasonable sounding and 100% solid in operation. I'd use audio out RCA on the Yammie to BT, with the existing setup I have muted when the BT speaker is on, usually later on at night. Thanks in advance.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
it to be a single compact speaker. If you can live with a 2.1 system, then the Harman kardon sound sticks sound awesome. But the sub is a bit bulky but very stylish. It has Bluetooth as well a 3.5mm input, you can drive it out of any cell phone or even the headphone out from the Yamaha. Should be available around that price too. A very stylish price if kit that sounds every bit that good.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
is 2.1 using Tannoy L/C/R speakers (or is it 3.1?) with a home-brewed sub. Sounds really good but not recommended at midnight! Hence my thoughts on a BT speaker for those later hours, headphones are out of the question as she finds them weird for watching movies. It's a simple distance - loudness problem. I could use the existing setup at lower volume and have the local BT speaker set to the minimum it needs for my girl to hear dialogue accurately.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts