admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an order for the sony str-dg820 but see that this may not be out now till december and i'm wondering about getting something different.

Not sure which amps are any good so would be grateful of any advise.

The things i need are 4 hdmi inputs and 3 optical inputs for the following equipment :-

SONY BDP-S350 BLU-RAY PLAYER (HDMI)

SAMSUNG DVD-HD950 DVD PLAYER (HDMI)

SKY HD (HDMI + OPTICAL)

HUMAX FREESAT (HDMI + OPTICAL)

XBOX360 (OPTICAL)

My budget would be up to around £600

Thanks.

Lee

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd suggest you consider the Denon AVR-1909, Onkyo TX-SR606, Sony STR-DA2400ES (when fixed, which will be sooner than the STR-DG820 will be) and the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE and DSP-AX763, both of which have recently been repositioned, as reported here.

Our Awards issue is out on October 16 - perhaps best to wait until then and see what emerges atop the heap?

A

Anonymous

Looking at the models you listed the only one that meets my requirements is the sony, so still got the wait.

A

Anonymous

do you think the yamaha ax863se would be a better amp than the sony dg820 ?

been thinking and the sony is very cheap when you consider what it can do or are the components used not as good, would the video switching lose picture quality etc. when compared to the yamaha

i know they both got 5 stars but which one is really better

then is the yamaha better than the STR-DA2400ES which is £400 compared to £500 for the yamaha

the others you mentioned do not have enough optical inputs so is down to the above

please help as i really would like to get a new amp to try out my new blu-ray player and speaker set up

A

Anonymous

Why not try to go for the Onyko 875, some very good discounts about now, and it is a cracking AV amp.
Can get them for under £700.

A

Anonymous

looking at the pictures for the 875 there are only two optical inputs at the back and i need three so will have to try another

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts