AV amp pre outs

Clemothesaint

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
stupid question but can i use the pre outs on my AV amp into my intergrated amp to power my floorstanders in stereo. ideally i want to use the AV amp as a pass through so it wont affect the sound of my intergrated amp. i'll be using the AV amp to stream my music collection digitally from a NAS drive.
Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Clemo.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Clemothesaint said:
stupid question but can i use the pre outs on my AV amp into my intergrated amp to power my floorstanders in stereo. ideally i want to use the AV amp as a pass through so it wont affect the sound of my intergrated amp. i'll be using the AV amp to stream my music collection digitally from a NAS drive. Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Clemo.

Yes, you can: just connect the front left/right speakers to your integrated amp, choose an easily remembered volume setting on the stereo amp (unless it has a fixed-gain passthrough) and then balance up all the channel levels.

Clemothesaint

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Clemothesaint said:
stupid question but can i use the pre outs on my AV amp into my intergrated amp to power my floorstanders in stereo. ideally i want to use the AV amp as a pass through so it wont affect the sound of my intergrated amp. i'll be using the AV amp to stream my music collection digitally from a NAS drive. Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Clemo.

Yes, you can: just connect the front left/right speakers to your integrated amp, choose an easily remembered volume setting on the stereo amp (unless it has a fixed-gain passthrough) and then balance up all the channel levels.

thanks Norm !!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts