• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Question Australia Calling!! Are there any Android Apps that can be manually tuned to an analog broadcast?

Rolfeed

Oct 29, 2020
I ask, as I am going to a drive-in movie tomorrow, which the organisers say needs either a protable anlaog radio, or use the car radio for the movie's audio; and I am concerned about/trying to avoid a flat battery. I have a jump-start pack, just in case, but I'd like to use my phone and bluetooth speakers, if possible...

Any help/advice, greatl appreciated.

Cheers!

Ed.

abacus

Sep 24, 2008
Car radios take hardly any power, so unless you have a dodgy battery you will be good for hours & hours of listening.

Depends on the phone as to whether it can accept a radio app or not (You will need to have wired headphones as the cable is normally also the aerial) just have a look to see if an app is available (Also check to see if one is built in) on the Google/Apple (Depending on the phone you have) app store.

Bill

Reactions: DougK

majex45

Nov 22, 2020
Car radios take hardly any power, so unless you have a dodgy battery you will be good for hours & hours of listening
Unless you drive a Toyota Avensis, my wife flattened the battery listening to Radio 4 for less than three hours. The battery is fine, the garage said this was normal for this model. HUH!

Reactions: DougK

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS