Auro 3d sound an audio revolution

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Auro 3d sound

Wonder how long this will be till it hits the home ?

Explains why the Amps are moving up to 11.1.

How does this news sit within the community is it exciting or just oh no not another one ?

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh no not another one!!! I have almost completed my system at great expensive and saving for every component. The thought of a new format is a pain.

Did I read that it is backward compatible with material ie stereo cd's etc? If so still "oh no",but very exciting.

What was the minimum amount of channels required?

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
It's "Going back to PCM" and it embeds 1d,2d + 3d info into a single carrier.

Minimum for Home Cinema looks like 9.1 however there's also a mention to car audio and headphones (coming soon) within the site information.

Wonder if this is a threat to Dolby + DTS .... will they need to respond.... won't really know till it's been heard but they got a pretty big endorsement with Lucasfilm so develpoments will be interesting. Could this be the future of sound ?

Lots of questions !

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I don't think there will be any real threat.

Seeing as most people can only just about fit in 5.1, I doubt they'll be rushing out to buy 9.1. It'll only be those with dedicated bat caves investing in that sort of set up anyway - how many here can honestly say that A, they can fit in 9.1 speakers, and B, their missus would allow it? DTS only need to do what I said in another thread - up their sampling frequencies to 192kHz and get the most out of DTS-MA's capabilities. this will bring top notch quality to everyone with a half decent 5.1 system based around a Bluray player.

I know which my first choice would be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts