Auralic Aries mini

monosoul

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone!

Anybody have some experiences with Auralic? Few days ago I had a chance to listen to Auralic Aries mini and is fantastic for the price of 500€.

Here's the link: http://www.auralic.com/en/

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
monosoul said:
Hello everyone!

Anybody have some experiences with Auralic? Few days ago I had a chance to listen to Auralic Aries mini and is fantastic for the price of 500€.

Here's the link: http://www.auralic.com/en/

I had a play with a Vega not so long ago, very impressed. Coming from a "20 years in computer hardware" background I was very very impressed with the PCB layout and component choice and placement. Very well designed and unit sounded spot on and handled everything I threw at it.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I liked its small size, direct connection to active speakers ( volume control from the app) l, great app ( oposite to marantz or pioneer nightmare), airplay and ability to put hdd/ ssd inside.. major drawback for me? not a single physical input ( at leats 1 optical in and I would keep it.. but for that reason I've returned it).. check what you need and if it ticks all the boxes go for it.. dac is as good as any other dac and palys all possible formats ( will also play mqa when available)..

there's a massive thread on computer audiophile so check it out.

monosoul

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello lpv!

Absence of optical or coaxial input is also major drawback for me. Plus I tried and I can't download their app. My iphone is too old looks like. ios 8.0 or later is required. I will try to convince local dealer and test it head to head with some other in this price range in store. Well I have to think about it.

Thanks for replies.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
also.. if looking for similar device check bluesound node 2.. bigger but still relatively small, with optical input.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
lpv said:
also.. if looking for similar device check bluesound node 2.. bigger but still relatively small, with optical input.

Plus One from here for the Raumfeld Connector, nice app, nice connections, does everything it says on the tin.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
good suggestion..

... however, I wish all these devices have simple volume remote control instead of app volume slider.. let's say you in the middle of phone conversation and want to turn down volume a bit? it just bit unfinished products without physical remote and you need smartphone or tablet to operate aries, node or connector.. nah

Barbapapa

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
The Bluesound Node 2 does have remote control: you can program it to recognise any remote you have lying around. And the remote allows to mute the device.

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
This YouTube link has a good appraisal of the Aries Mini.

It gets very good ratings elsewhere, particularly when the option of a power suppy upgrade is taken up and again if an off-board DAC is used.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR4tuhqPppVp-PD0q17sPEA

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Barbapapa said:
The Bluesound Node 2 does have remote control: you can program it to recognise any remote you have lying around. And the remote allows to mute the device.

oh nice.. didn't know that. looks then like bluesound is the most finished ( out of the 3) and user friendly product.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts