AudioT and Isotek are doing another demo few days 4th / 5th November in Oxford

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
CnoEvil said:
chebby said:
Go on Trev, free food, a disco and a raffle. (You'd easily get £50 for the prize on ebay.)

He doesn't have the bottle, because when he's proved wrong, his whole raison d'etre would be shattered...and then what would he do! *bomb*

Ah, but I know that I won't be proved wrong in this. I have explained why so many times yet still it doesn't sink in. *dash1*

Chicken!

Talk's cheap.....go and have the courage of your convictions, so you can show the Audiophools the error of their ways and confront the Snake Oil salesmen with your irrefutable knowledge. *biggrin*

TrevC

CnoEvil said:
TrevC said:
CnoEvil said:
chebby said:
Go on Trev, free food, a disco and a raffle. (You'd easily get £50 for the prize on ebay.)

He doesn't have the bottle, because when he's proved wrong, his whole raison d'etre would be shattered...and then what would he do! *bomb*

Ah, but I know that I won't be proved wrong in this. I have explained why so many times yet still it doesn't sink in. *dash1*

Chicken!

Talk's cheap.....go and have the courage of your convictions, so you can show the Audiophools the error of their ways and confront the Snake Oil salesmen with your irrefutable knowledge. *biggrin*

If I don't hear a difference the claim will be made that I am deaf, if I do hear a difference I will know that jiggery-pokery like volume changes were used in the demo but of course the deluded chumps won't believe me.

Would you like me to explain one last time why it isn't possible for anything on the mains to affect the quality of sound on a hifi amplifier?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
f I do hear a difference I will know that jiggery-pokery like volume changes were used in the demo
Do you actually realise how you come across when you write stuff like this - Cantankerous does not remotely cover it.

However you could guard the volume knob to make sure it wasnt adjusted for the demo - easy one - or make a note of the digital dial number if there was one. No trickery or foolering in changing where a plug is plugged into.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
If I don't hear a difference the claim will be made that I am deaf, if I do hear a difference I will know that jiggery-pokery like volume changes were used in the demo but of course the deluded chumps won't believe me.

Would you like me to explain one last time why it isn't possible for anything on the mains to affect the quality of sound on a hifi amplifier?

That's a cop out.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
TrevC said:
f I do hear a difference I will know that jiggery-pokery like volume changes were used in the demo
Do you actually realise how you come across when you write stuff like this - Cantankerous does not remotely cover it.

However you could guard the volume knob to make sure it wasnt adjusted for the demo - easy one - or make a note of the digital dial number if there was one. No trickery or foolering in changing where a plug is plugged into.

As I know that no change is possible what is the point in my listening for one?

TrevC

CnoEvil said:
TrevC said:

That's a cop out.

No, that's reality. Mains foo auditions are pointless. An amplifier doesn't care what sort of mains supply is used, only that the resultant DC at the end of the power supply is smooth enough to be inaudible. Which, with RF filtering and several thousand uF of capacitance in place it most certainly will be.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Grow a Pair TrevC go and listen - its a day out listening to new hifi kit worst ways - take some photos to prove you went and report back.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:
Grow a Pair TrevC go and listen - its a day out listening to new hifi kit worst ways - take some photos to prove you went and report back.

Grow a brain Ellis.

Looking people in the eye while you insult them is rather more difficult, so I understand your reluctance.

manix

May 31, 2016
Visit site
ellisdj said:
This thread shows that certain people post in them just you start an argument.

When I sad they were sad before this honestly proves it. No need for them to post anything but they can't resist. It's very sad indeed

Out of all the possible items/manuafacturers of hifi you could have started a thread about it just so happened to be cables/powersupply demo. What do you think people would think??

Personally I respect your stance on them, it's your opinion doesn't mean I agree. But only someone you had never read the forum before and hadn't followed threads would think this thread was unfair to you the OP. Others would just simply think it was started to continue the arguement or at worst actually advertise and increase sales of such items.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
manix said:
Out of all the possible items/manuafacturers of hifi you could have started a thread about it just so happened to be cables/powersupply demo. What do you think people would think??

Personally I respect your stance on them, it's your opinion doesn't mean I agree. But only someone you had never read the forum before and hadn't followed threads would think this thread was unfair to you the OP. Others would just simply think it was started to continue the arguement or at worst actually advertise and increase sales of such items.
Start again - read the opening post

I didnt make any opnion on anything, I literally started a thread to inform people of an event and said nothing other than can someone feedback if they go. That was it.

EDIT - there are 2 companies mentioned = one sells all manner of kit and I am sure will put on a good demo of said kit to try and promote them.

Yet certain people have turned it into an argument again over nothing this time - there was no need to post anything yet they did, which proves everything I have said to be true. You have done the exact same thing as well think about it.

Certain people dont want positive chat about these products and do everything they can to spoil it - even when there is no chat happening like in this thread - to me that is either for commercial reasons, or because they are words I cannot use on here.

There was no need for it - fact they have done it proves everything I have said.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
manix said:

Start again - read the opening post

I didnt make any opnion on anything, I literally started a thread to inform people of an event and said nothing other than can someone feedback if they go. That was it.

EDIT - there are 2 companies mentioned = one sells all manner of kit and I am sure will put on a good demo of said kit to try and promote them.

Yet certain people have turned it into an argument again over nothing this time - there was no need to post anything yet they did, which proves everything I have said to be true. You have done the exact same thing as well think about it.

Certain people dont want positive chat about these products and do everything they can to spoil it - even when there is no chat happening like in this thread - to me that is either for commercial reasons, or because they are words I cannot use on here.

There was no need for it - fact they have done it proves everything I have said.

I will always call out anyone that promotes a scam, which is basically what this is. They are either ignorant or dishonest.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Comments made just to stir the pot some more, I used to think differently about you but know I just think you come across as bitter most of the time. Like someone had you over with a sale once and you are still bitter to this day. Thats how it seems to me its now becoming funny actually.

You have No interest in going to hear different hifi systems that someone has put together and want to demonstrate, spending a day with other people with a simialr interest - at the end of the day that is what this event is all about - then if you like and want you buy fine - but thats any of the kit on demo - if not you say thanks and leave having had had a decent time and had a new hifi experience (listening to new kit).

Why is that such a bad thing to promote - its not your being a

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Ellis, don't let the "usual suspects" push your buttons.
I do know CNo, I appreciate I might be coming across in the wrong way however I feel it needs saying by someone. I would say it to them personally as well

TrevC

diamond_select_muppets_series_1.jpg

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
TrevC said:
ellisdj said:
TrevC said:

As I know that no change is possible what is the point in my listening for one?

Ah. 'Expectation bias'.

Right......

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
TrevC said:
I only get pissed off by wanton ignorance like you and Ellis are displaying as if it's a virtue. Perhaps you should educate yourself about electronics.

So that's your excuse for rude and insulting posts....most bullies use the same logic.

TrevC

CnoEvil said:
TrevC said:
I only get pissed off by wanton ignorance like you and Ellis are displaying as if it's a virtue. Perhaps you should educate yourself about electronics.

So that's your excuse for rude and insulting posts....most bullies use the same logic.

I'm not making excuses. You are a pair of clueless muppets, and that is a statement of fact, evidenced by your posts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts