Audiolab

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Nope, not until they're launched
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Spoke to a dealer I know who has seen the new Audiolab and says the build quality and internals are substantially improved alond with balanced outputs,etc.so hopefully this bodes well. Personally I am hoping this translates to the new amps as I would love to see a return to what made the originals so good.

koolkeith

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:8200CD review in the October issue of the magazine, now with subscribers, in the shops on the 24th.

So, can anyone who subscribes confirm whether it is the world beater that Mr Westlake has promised ?

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
its a very good review and i love the way that its a dac and a cd transport so you can plug in other digital sources to take advantage of the players dac

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Mojoseven,

The Audiolab 8200CD sounds like a real stunner, from the review.

I am now tempted to give it a listen myself and hear how much better it is to my Rega Apollo.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Listened yesterday to 8200CD with Rotel preamp (all they had that they viewed as neutral) Quad 909 and EPOS floorstanders.

Fantastic transparency, great dynamics, real attack. I thought it sounded fantastic. Using itunes and 384kbit files.

Going back to listen to CDQ when it is out late November. I think this with QUAD 909 is going to be a potent system.

Build quality and remote look great. Connected via USB with no issues at all.

I would recommend a listen.

A

Anonymous

The CDQ also looks like an outstanding product.

Very odd that Audiolab is so poor at marketing - the IAG website's 'News' section has its last entry from February 2008, despite having just won CD player 'Product of the Year.'

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Dryfeld:Very odd that Audiolab is so poor at marketing - the IAG website's 'News' section has its last entry from February 2008, despite having just won CD player 'Product of the Year.'

I don't suppose they are bothered.

Three websites for subsidiaries listed on their corporate portal are completely defunct.

The Castle Acoustics website was 'active' for many a year despite no Castle products being made until very recently. (They have finally updated it now.)

As for Wharfedale, try clicking on it from the IAG group website and you get this.

The Mission website is similarly dead too..

The Quad website has frequently been out of date for long periods in the past (and still is in some areas like the L Actives which are no longer available to Europe and the UK and have not been for many months.)

I guess website maintenance/updating is just not their thing.

A

Anonymous

True - the trade off between sales and site maintenance is probably just not worth it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts