Audiolab , Nad or Marantz ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi !!

I'm currently playing my music via my a/v setup through a Denon 1930 dvd player , but would like to improve my audio listening. I feel adding a specific cd player is as good a place as any to start and have short listed the : Marantz cd6002 , Audiolab 8000cde or the Nad c542 as candadates . The only real requirement is that it must obviously outshine the denon other thah that i'm all ears on pros and cons !! thanks gav

A

Anonymous

hi Andrew , i've a Sony 1200es amp and Mordaunt - Short ms914 main speakers ...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="galen"]hi Andrew , i've a Sony 1200es amp and Mordaunt - Short ms914 main speakers ...[/quote]

Then I think the Marantz would make an ideal companion for that set-up.

A

Anonymous

thanks , if you don't mind could you give me a brief reason for this ?.. i'll be honest i was airing towards the nad , i'm not doubting your judgement thats why i'm here !!!!

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi mate both The NAD C542 and Marantz 6002 and class leading players.. Im sure both will perform better than your Denon as a dedicated player always has better sonic abilitys... If you prefer the NAD why not get it.. If possible its best to hear them both and then you can be sure you made the right choice.. as will all hi-fi its down to the buyer even with player of this quality some will choose one and some the other..

from my experience which is limited i Have a nad and have owned marantz in the past i think the marantz are better with detail being transparent but the NAD sounds more musical with big bass but well controlled with good timing
Hope this helps mate

P.S If you can make sure you get some proper cables they make a huge difference you dont nedd to spend loads 20 -30 pond on a QED or Blackrodium interconnect will give you best results Trust me the extra 20 pound will improve sound in a big way...

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="robg1976"]Hi mate both The NAD C542 and Marantz 6002 and class leading players.. Im sure both will perform better than your Denon as a dedicated player always has better sonic abilitys... If you prefer the NAD why not get it.. If possible its best to hear them both and then you can be sure you made the right choice.. as will all hi-fi its down to the buyer even with player of this quality some will choose one and some the other..

from my experience which is limited i Have a nad and have owned marantz in the past i think the marantz are better with detail being transparent but the NAD sounds more musical with big bass but well controlled with good timing
Hope this helps mate

P.S If you can make sure you get some proper cables they make a huge difference you dont nedd to spend loads 20 -30 pond on a QED or Blackrodium interconnect will give you best results Trust me the extra 20 pound will improve sound in a big way...[/quote]
Yes i agree a decent interconnect makes a difference when connecting to a av receiver..Im using nad c542 to a denon av2106 with qed qnect3.The sound is better than i expected from an av amp costing AU$999 (300GBP) though a dedicated stereo amp gave a far better sound (incidently my old nad t760 av amp gives a very respectfull stereo sound unlike nads later av amps) Hope that helps...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="galen"]

thanks , if you don't mind could you give me a brief reason for this ?.. i'll be honest i was airing towards the nad , i'm not doubting your judgement thats why i'm here !!!!

[/quote]

Purely personal preference. Happen to think the 6002 sounds fresher, cleaner, more powerful and more involving.

But that's just IMHO, of course.

A

Anonymous

hi guys thanks for your advice , just one more thing which i should of mentioned from the start , my musical preferences tend to be towards the rockier end of the spectrum , would this effect your opinons at all as to which is better / more suited ? thanks for your help !! cheers gav

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts