Audiolab Mono blocks

Emark600

Dec 31, 2022
Visit site
Hi All,

just having a think about adding a couple of the Audiolab mono blocks in a bi-amped set up from an Audiolab 9000a.

anyone any experience or suggestions with the MBs?

thanks

Emark600

Dec 31, 2022
Visit site
I agree with the above comments.
If I bought a 9000A, I'd expect it to be all that I needed.
It is pretty much all and everything in an amp, best one I’ve ever had.

but Audiolab will tell us that the MBs add that extra ability, so that the amps don’t need running over 50% of volume..

and i have to confess, I have a sort of fetish for sinister looking power amps….no knobs or indicators, just an on button…..

Reactions: Gray and Al ears
It is pretty much all and everything in an amp, best one I’ve ever had.

but Audiolab will tell us that the MBs add that extra ability, so that the amps don’t need running over 50% of volume..

and i have to confess, I have a sort of fetish for sinister looking power amps….no knobs or indicators, just an on button…..
As in Naim used to tell owners to buy their pre/power combo over an integrated, and their power supply boxes make so much difference. Well, they don't, not enough to justify the extra outlay.

Cyrus were the same with their PSX boxes you could add to the amp and CDPs. It made a difference but didn't make it sound better. To lesser extent Arcam offered upgrade package to their CD players. For about £350 you upgrade the CD73 to the CD82 or their flagship CD192. The CD82 was only £200 more.

The point I'm making is they will try and squeeze every last pound out of you, one way or another.

The only way to know if it is a justifiable increase in sound quality, go and demo some monoblocs with your speakers.

Reactions: Gray and WayneKerr

Emark600

Dec 31, 2022
Visit site
As in Naim used to tell owners to buy their pre/power combo over an integrated, and their power supply boxes make so much difference. Well, they don't, not enough to justify the extra outlay.

Cyrus were the same with their PSX boxes you could add to the amp and CDPs. It made a difference but didn't make it sound better. To lesser extent Arcam offered upgrade package to their CD players. For about £350 you upgrade the CD73 to the CD82 or their flagship CD192. The CD82 was only £200 more.

The point I'm making is they will try and squeeze every last pound out of you, one way or another.

The only way to know if it is a justifiable increase in sound quality, go and demo some monoblocs with your speakers.
Yes, sadly my addiction to power amps started with the D290 from Arcam, which was very good, presently running a Rotel 1552, but just feel the MBs may be better….

it’s good to get opinions, as dealers will certainly give the salesman approach..I usually buy from Frank Harvey’s which have had plenty of my hard earned ver the last 30 years

Yes, sadly my addiction to power amps started with the D290 from Arcam, which was very good, presently running a Rotel 1552, but just feel the MBs may be better….

it’s good to get opinions, as dealers will certainly give the salesman approach..I usually buy from Frank Harvey’s which have had plenty of my hard earned ver the last 30 years
I guess the $64,000 question is with a budget of x, what’s the best amplification you can get for your speakers. However, if you’re wedded to menacing looking amps, I’m not sure what to suggest!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts