audiolab mdac capabilities/uses?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an audiolab mdac which i purchased based on a review of it being used with my home on ear headphones. What else can the audiolab mdac be used for apart from amping headphones?

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Well as a DAC, that's what it primarily is, headphone amp is a handy feature. Pre-amp functionality is very useful in a modern DAC which can be used direct to a power amp or as I currently am to sactive speakers.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
ontheline said:
I have an audiolab mdac which i purchased based on a review of it being used with my home on ear headphones. What else can the audiolab mdac be used for apart from amping headphones?

Driving active speakers of course.

From a pair of £200 Yamahas to a set of PMC TwoTwo Series, it's what the Mdac was built for...*yahoo*

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
davedotco said:
ontheline said:

Driving active speakers of course.

From a pair of £200 Yamahas to a set of PMC TwoTwo Series, it's what the Mdac was built for...*yahoo*

This is my belief too :p

I guess you could use fixed level output into the "amplifier" of your choice. Personally I'd use it like my U-05, either to power headphones or as a preamp for active speakers.

TRENDING THREADS