Audiolab M-DAC stock

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Does anybody now when the M-DAC will be in stock because they seem to be out of stock everywhere on the net,just sold my rdac thinking i could just pick one up...

and now i wont be able to listen to any music because my music is computer based,and dont fancy using a 3.5mm jack out the laptop.

any ideas ?

cheers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We haven't been able to supply all of our back orders yet, and as soon as we get more in, they have to cover back orders built up during that time. Because customers come first, we don't yet have a demo one! The only one I heard was in Munich last year!

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
macipod said:
Hi,

Does anybody now when the M-DAC will be in stock because they seem to be out of stock everywhere on the net,just sold my rdac thinking i could just pick one up...

and now i wont be able to listen to any music because my music is computer based,and dont fancy using a 3.5mm jack out the laptop.

any ideas ?

cheers

I was thinking of bidding on your rega dac (and very nearly did - was it the one that went for about £410?) - I too am thinking of buying the Audiolab M-dac but like you - everywhere is awaiting more stock.

I also nearly bought the one that just sold on ebay from the poster above but chickened out in the end because I want to demo first.

Btw - did you know that their is now a dac section, as requested by moi ! Under the computer bit.

As a Rega owner - you may well be able to add to my topic for some advice please - I am on a waiting list with my local hi fi guys for a home demo.

FrankHarvey HiFi please also note - I would welcome your knowledge too. And if Prof Hat is reading - yours too. in fact the more the merrier from all of you forum posters please.

If I am honest I am still a bit confused by the whole dilema? But have £500 eagerly awaiting to be spent and can add to that too if need be - M-dac ?

macipod

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
psurquhart said:
macipod said:
Hi,

any ideas ?

cheers

I was thinking of bidding on your rega dac (and very nearly did - was it the one that went for about £410?) - I too am thinking of buying the Audiolab M-dac but like you - everywhere is awaiting more stock.

I also nearly bought the one that just sold on ebay from the poster above but chickened out in the end because I want to demo first.

Btw - did you know that their is now a dac section, as requested by moi ! Under the computer bit.

As a Rega owner - you may well be able to add to my topic for some advice please - I am on a waiting list with my local hi fi guys for a home demo.

FrankHarvey HiFi please also note - I would welcome your knowledge too. And if Prof Hat is reading - yours too. in fact the more the merrier from all of you forum posters please.

If I am honest I am still a bit confused by the whole dilema? But have £500 eagerly awaiting to be spent and can add to that too if need be - M-dac ?

I did have a Arcam rdac not a rega.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Could that be classed as fraud? Knowingly impersonating someone else in order to gain financially from a warranty that is only valid to the original user? Hmmm....
Are you asking me ? or telling me ? or making a statement ? or do you just like using question marks ? its difficult to tell isn't it ? Hmmm

I'll answer it as a question, no I don't think its fraud. If a retail outlet has sold an item and it has a two year warranty it should cover the unit for two years regardless of who owns it.

A

Anonymous

John Duncan said:
Could making warranties non-transferable be classed as a bit miserable?

Yes it could. At least here on "the Mainland" the waranty follows the product and the dealer/manufacturer isn't allowed to impose such restrictions as "non-transferrable" on the part of the product warranty that is within what the consumer protection laws prescribe (2 years with certain conditions).

/U.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
eggontoast said:
Are you asking me ? or telling me ? or making a statement ? or do you just like using question marks ? its difficult to tell isn't it ? Hmmm

I'll answer it as a question, no I don't think its fraud. If a retail outlet has sold an item and it has a two year warranty it should cover the unit for two years regardless of who owns it.

Just thinking out loud really. I suppose you'd have to read the terms and conditions of the manufacturer's warranties in order to see what the restrictions are.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Could making warranties non-transferable be classed as a bit miserable?

I recently bought a Naim unit which hadn't been used by its owner, one week after he bought it. He hadn't filled in the warranty and immediately upgraded to the more expensive version (that's Naim for you). I called Naim and they said it was quite OK for me to register it as if I'd bought it from the shop.

Slightly different to some of the above I guess.

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
The warranty section of the M-DAC manual (page 24) does not specifically exclude transfer of ownership

As long as it was new at time of purchase from an authorised Audiolab dealer I can't see the problem

http://www.audiolab.co.uk/Manuals/M-DAC%20manual.PDF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts