Audiolab 8200cdq working temperature

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Immediately I had images pop into my head like those car commercials where they show them testing in the Australia desert and in snow above the arctic circle, but instead of a car there were a few audiophiles standing around poking the buttons on a CD player, and repeatedly opening and closing the tray :doh:

OK, as I presume it doesn't refer to the climate in your listening room, I'm going to make an educated guess.

Although a preamp stage shouldn't require much power, the Audiolab website states that it uses "Class A gain structures".

http://www.audiolab.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?lang=En&Tab2=8200CDQ

As class A amplification generates a lot of heat, it may be normal for this piece of equipment to run warm.

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since they were released, and it runs more than a little warm. I've just touched it now, and it's a little warm, and its not done anything since 1am (I leave it on).

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Fisherking 145 said:
I've had mine since they were released, and it runs more than a little warm. I've just touched it now, and it's a little warm, and its not done anything since 1am (I leave it on).

Yep, class A will do that. It constantly draws substantial amounts of current. Not exactly environmentally friendly, but it sounds so good.

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Contemplating a power amp upgrade (again!) to try and gain a bit more from it. My music listening habits have changed since I bought the CDQ, it's so flexible.

bebelacus

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
it is getting a bit warm but very little. nothing to worry. and it plays music 4-6 hours a day, continuously. after few hours playing i can keep my hand on it and leave it there.

brilliant toy, very happy with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts