Audiolab 8200CDQ CD/Pre Amplifier, any thoughts anyone

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, thinking about getting this cd player with built in pre-amp and then matching power amp-the audiolab 8200p power amp-

does anyone out there have this combo bit of kit/power amp, any thoughts.

my safe bet is the nad 165 ceebee pre amp with nad c275 ceebee power amp.

cheers

kit; dead nad c370, in a coma nad c270, marantz 6003 cd, chord odyssy 2, monitor audio gr60

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking of getting the Audiolab 8200CDP+Audiolab 8200P too. Did you get them ? If so, what do you think of them, and if not why not?

A

Anonymous

hi, got the cdq-ultra happy with it. got 2 8000 mono's-becoz had no money left. very happy with sound.

its not bright but its not warm either.

cheers

A

Anonymous

nope, definetly not neutral. rotel is neutral, switzerland is neutral, the CDQ is not. need to get intimate with the dictionary to find the right word. not warm is poor hinglish but sums it up best. no, lets have another go.

its classy, its technically gifted, its refined, but not warm. its english royalty-its german. thanks for helping me to find the right word to sum up the CDQ.

cheers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
audioaddict said:
Was thinking of adding an 8200 cdq to my 8000 monos to cut down on boxes any one else got same combo?

The 8200CDQ is an excellent product, and a quick and easy way to a better hi-fi system - just add a very capable power amplifier (rather than a lesser integrated) and away you go - a wider choice of loudspeakers awaits :)

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My system.is 8000cd 8000q 8000 mono x2 monitor audio rs1 arcam t32 tuner i want to cut down on system size really so cdq and 8200 p wld be ideal but even just cdq and monos i already wld be more cost effective my speakers need upgrading too

audioaddict said:
My system.is 8000cd 8000q 8000 mono x2 monitor audio rs1 arcam t32 tuner i want to cut down on system size really so cdq and 8200 p wld be ideal but even just cdq and monos i already wld be more cost effective my speakers need upgrading too

Hi audioaddict

Thanks for your reply.

I know the 8000M's well as i used to sell these. In addition to 684's, Monitor Audio's Silver RX6's are also worth bearing in mind as they'll offer a big uplift in peformance over the already impressive Silver RS1's and i've also found Silver RX6's to work a treat with the 8200CDQ/8000M combination.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys was thinking of the 684s for deep rich sound to offset the. Crisp detail of the audiolab monos and cd was also thinking of dali zensor floorstanders and maybe rx6s but bw 684 seem to be my main interest

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys was thinking of the 684s for deep rich sound to offset the. Crisp detail of the audiolab monos and cd was also thinking of dali zensor floorstanders and maybe rx6s but bw 684 seem to be my main interest

audioaddict said:

Hi audioadict

Your welcome.

Fair enough. Please let us know how you get though.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts