Audiolab 8200cd with Naim Nait5 amp? would it be a good combo.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

I am currently home demoing a Audiolab 8200 cd and the 8200 amp.

And i am mildly impressed with the overall sound, its very clear and detailed without any harshness, but after listening to the naim nait 5 and cd5 combo at a dealers this sounds very thin on the bottom end.

What im toying with is using the Audiolab 8200cd with the Naim nait5 amp, what do you guys think.

I want to use the audiolab cd player as it has the external inputs to the dac, for future streaming ideas i have.

And the naim amp as it seems to have much larger scale.(but not tried it at home yet.)

Do audiolab and naim traditionally work together ?

Thanks in advance

Im new to this.

My current speakers are Kef Q5se.

Tim

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tim.

I would tread carefully if I were you. I tried a Nait5i with my Sony X33ES CDP and, while it sounded good, changing to the CD5i made one hell of a difference. Naim likes Naim which, to be fair, is how it's designed to be used. I haven't heard the 8200CD so I can't really pass a comment. It might work with the Naim, but somehow I don't think you'll get the optimum from either. I hope I'm wrong.

Richard.

matthewpiano

I'd concur with Richard on the Naim synergy thing.

Personally I'd say your speakers are likely to be at fault here and would suggest that (even if you aren't ready to buy any yet) you should try some of the Castle Knight range of floorstanders with the Audiolabs.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
matthewpiano:Personally I'd say your speakers are likely to be at fault here and would suggest that (even if you aren't ready to buy any yet) you should try some of the Castle Knight range of floorstanders with the Audiolabs.

Matthew makes sense here, bearing in mind that the designer of the Knights probably used Audiolab as the feed when designing them coz they're all made in the same place and, if I know Peter Comeau, they would be optimized for synergy with the Audiolabs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts