Audiolab 8000s opinions and info please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone

Ive been looking for a new amp as you may or may not know, i seem to have took quite a shine to the Audiolab 8000s, looks like theres quite alot of amp there for £400

Would anyone recomend them at all , anyone have any interesting info........also are they good at bass lol???

Thanks

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i have an audiolab 8000a which i love, the newer models compare well and if anything are less analytical than the older models but that was through cd not vinyl which is my primary source. build is pretty decent as well, it's a good amp for the money.

A

Anonymous

Hi marcymarc555

Like Gregory, I too have the Audiolab 8000A, which I also love, cant speak for 8000S, but if it is half as good, you will be well pleased I'm sure

Have you thought of a second hand 8000A, they often come up on EBAY...Good Luck

A

Anonymous

I'm sure if you picked one up on eBay and didn't like it you could flog it on again without losing much, if any, money...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Had an Audiolab 8000S many years ago. I can honestly say it was the worst sounding amplifier I've ever owned for that sort of money. I've changed to an AVI and then Valves. I found it sterile, boring and lifeless and not very coherent. By that I mean I was listening to the (good) bass, (not so great) treble and (disjointed) detail but not the music. There's better available now.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Oh ... and its better than the 8000A, what does that tell you ...
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Hello, I just brought one on last few days instead of my Cambridge Audio 640A. Although the 640A & 8000s have the similar specification but I can say that the 8000s is much powerful, very details in sound stage and easy to driver with my B&W speaker. Bass part is trend to be mild but solid from now what I have heard. It needs to be warm-up a little while. One of the best feature is I can connect that to my ONKYO AV through "pre power AV" plug. To select to listen music or movie just one switch. I am highly recommended to own one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts